2015 Schedule

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

2015 Schedule

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:48 pm

I have been working on numerous details before posting our schedule. I was also waiting to see if I could make changes to stay off of the other series schedules. That didn't work out as well as I had hoped. There doesn't seem to be enough weekends to be conflict free. I still don’t have everything final but here is what it will likely be…
3/22 Milford Lake Split format
4/12 Walter’s Ranch New Promoter One race
4/19 Big Springs One race
5/3 Carbondale 1 Using split format and adding peewees New/apprentice promoter
5/25 Adrian East Same location as last year Beer Ranch
6/7 Adrian West Same owner but brand new trails on the west side of the road.
6/14 Ballard, MO Split format
7/4 Drexel Split format
8/30 Thurman Iowa. Split format This one may be at a new spot a few miles away
9/13 Chanute Split format and maybe not so hot this year
9/27 Merwin Different promoter this year.
10/3 Virgil City, MO Split format New promoter NOTE this is a SATURDAY points race running one hour later schedule. All proceeds will be going to charity.
10/4 Sunday will be a fun event like a poker run or team race (still deciding) and will also go to charity.
10/25 Melvern Split format
11/1 Carbondale 2 Using split format and adding peewees

There are currently 14 points races. I plan to only count 10 toward year end so you still only have to ride 8 races and I will still count the 2 work averages toward the year end. 2014 only required participation in 8 events for the year end but 10 scores were used for points. 2015 Will be 10 scores for points and to be eligible for a year end.

All classes and speed brackets will stay the same as they worked very well this year. Some classes would actually be more fun if some riders went ahead and dropped down a class. I will keep a watch on riders that need to move up also. 35+ riders still have the option to ride the under 35 class of the same speed but I greatly prefer it if those riders ride the Vet classes offered. We may soon change to requiring the age to match the class.

I will add more as it comes up. I didn't post which race had peewees as I think all races will have this year.

I still don't know what is the most fair on who races first or for that matter if we should just finally change to one format for the entire year. For the last few years I have just done half each way and done it the opposite of the year before. Based on that, 600's will ride first for the first six races then after Drexel, the 100's will race first.

I still want to have a practice before each race and have two hour races. To fit all that in and run peewees, it still works the best to run the PW's in the morning. I know how tough this is for PW parents but it is the only way I can get practice in for everyone.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Ed M

Re: 2015 Schedule

#2 Post by Ed M » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Thanks for all of the hard work Dan. 2015 looks to be another interesting and fun filled year.

I have to ask - are there any changes being planned for the over 40 Vet Class or is that another topic for another day?
Ed M

DETERMINATION: The feeling you get right before you try do something incredibly stupid

2013 KTM 350XCFW
#1086 for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015......
#786 for 2011
#786 for 2010
#906 for 2009
#1006 for 2008

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#3 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:23 am

Ed, I sent you an email similar to the following but it occurs to me that others may want to know the same information and this also applies to every class.

Thanks to Ted Foster, I have a spreadsheet calculator that I can plug in percentile cut offs and age cut offs and get a count of the amount of riders that will populate a class. We have had trouble filling that Vet class for the last five years. I have tweaked it some every year. Last year I finally found the right balance to populate that class and keep all classes somewhat even. The only reason we ever use age is simply to get the class numbers evened out. We really base everything on speed much more than age and it works out well. I get the fact that the older we get, the less we want to get taken out by someone younger that heals much faster.

Currently we have it set up so that there is an over and under 35 class which evenly splits several speed cut offs. These occur at top out at 84% for the 400's/500's then 79% for the 600's/700's. The next 'Need" last year was to split up the group that rides below the 74% level. To do that I tweaked the age to 40 and lowered the percent to 74 as the 1000 class had been at 79%. That was just the ticket and really filled in all classes well with one small exception being the 700 class didn’t fill in quite like it should have. Using the calculator again this year clearly tells me I need to keep the percents the same but I may be move the age back up to 45 at some point.

I have studied all classes at length and am certain I need to get the faster guys on up a class and let some of the remaining guys have a chance at winning. I now know that I will leave the percentile cut offs where they are and have decided to leave the age alone for one more year.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

f-five

#4 Post by f-five » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:12 pm

If you aren't sure what class you should be in then you can use the speed average (advancement percentiles) and the class info to help you decide.

Look up your 2014 Speed average here

http://www.moto-tally.com/FMHSC/Advance ... tiles.aspx

Class info
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ed M

#5 Post by Ed M » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:58 pm

Thanks Dan, I knew the class had been tweaked here and there for the last few years, I was just wondering if there were to be any changes for 2015.

Ted, I know about the percentile page but rarely look at it as it just confirms how slow I am. :mrgreen:
Ed M

DETERMINATION: The feeling you get right before you try do something incredibly stupid

2013 KTM 350XCFW
#1086 for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015......
#786 for 2011
#786 for 2010
#906 for 2009
#1006 for 2008