Shredder down

Discussions and Info on hurt or recovering riders.
yellow jacket

Shredder down

#1 Post by yellow jacket » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Has anyone heard how the Shredder is doing after face planting at Carbondale? I have been scanning the obits and have not found any evidence of his ultimate demise. I have seen a lot of Husky's for sale in the Kansas City area so we did not know if he had sold the darned thing and got something that would not take him out and the woods and try and kill him. Inquiring minds want to know.

Tom

shredder

Re: Shredder down

#2 Post by shredder » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:40 pm

Sorry Tom!
Iv'e been working way too much and took off the Christmas to new years thing and went down to the Lake of the Ozarks to put in a new kitchen in Dad's place and I'm completely unplugged down there. Kinda nice sometimes. I'm going to hook up with ya and get some help dialing in the Husky. Truth is I haven't even replaced the plastic I busted up at carbondale yet.

I got the new parts weeks ago but haven't even SEEN my bike since I put it back in the shed with a broken wrist and busted foot before we went to the ER in Stacey's Ford Edge after the Carbondale race... I didn't want to drive the RV to the hospital, I figured Stacey might end up driving the rig home after the hospital visit and with her taking her maiden voyage in the RV with the trailer in tow I was afraid she might not be abled to drive the rig through the parking lot and sideswipe all the cars, she might miss a few cars and not been able to get them all in just one pass. :mrgreen:

I am doing much better. The wrist is much stronger now and the limping is minimal.

I said I love it....I didn't say I was any good at it!
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

jgordo

#3 Post by jgordo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:05 pm

Shredder where do you get your plastic...or better yet can the lower radiator shroud pieces be had for the '12's?? I traded Dave Johnson for his and that piece was missing and I can't find a replacement anywhere!?!?
Thanks to Big Time Bail Bonds, One way custom paint, flatland Racing, Factory Skid mark, Dragon Alliance, Duro tires and Protaper. And our newest backer Cooper Construction.
2016 #727 on a 16 YZ250x
2015 #77
2012 Husky TXC250
2014 #727
2011 KTM 250sxf

shredder

#4 Post by shredder » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:21 pm

Well I also need a lower radiator shroud....Hmmmmm...... I know there is a 2012 left side at Carbondale, and if memory serves me correctly there is a right one at Adrian and Drexel except the Adrian is in much better shape. The Adrian shroud is just off the trail at the sharp corner after a fast straight section and was ejected off that medium sized tree with the bark that has the word "Husqvarna" pressed into it. I was in first place at the time and when I ran back to my bike I was shocked that no one had passed me. As I got back to my bike it was still running and as I mounted my steed I looked down and saw the coveted radiator shroud. At that moment I had to decide whether to continue to enjoy being in front of Tom Brunholtz or to run over and get my shroud and my act together.....Hee he heeeeeeee, I tore outta there like my hair was on fire and my a$$ was a catchin!!!

I also get my plastic at Donnell's in Independence. I wasn't able to get the rear fender for my TX but they had a rear TE that I'm going to see if I can do some tweaking and make it fit. Another good source is cruise ebay constantly as some guys are parting some bikes out.

I now run without that shroud as a reminder that even Tom can be beaten if your persistent, relentless, ruthless and keep the throttle pinned and can catch him on an off day even though they are few and far between brother! :mrgreen:

Try http://www.cassons.com.au/IN_Listing.as ... 0000000294
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

yellow jacket

#5 Post by yellow jacket » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Shredder,
I have replaced all the plastic on my Suzuki. With that said, I would be glad to donate some to your Husky. I know the yellow plastic can be changed to orange, but Husky paint may be hard to get. LOL Glad you are doing better.
Tom Brunholtz

Gibber

#6 Post by Gibber » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:50 pm

Hey. You all leave my 9hr Team Mate alone. Him and his Husky 310 are just fine the way they are. I dont need nobody jinxin' him! :shock:
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com
steve@gibbscommercialtrucks.com