Milford! Man oh man!

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Milford! Man oh man!

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:47 pm

I wish there had been more rain here but it is still great. Right now there is no dust but I expect a little on race day. Not those August dusty races though. We have been here likely 15 years or more so I know it is the same easy riding and borderline boring place. I have connected it all in a brand new way. Sadly it is the easiest to cheat layout ever which is what kept me from doing it this way but I wanted something different. Not really any hill climbs to speak of but really long flowing stuff the way I like it. Many places come close to each other but it is ribboned heavily and has limbs blocking most intersections as needed.

The start will be on the beach once again and the first 1/4 mile is along the lake in the rocky/ chatty area. Another area on the far south drops down onto the beach instead of that boring open flat rock section. I have 3 miles set up and likely still 2.5 to go but I secretly hope to get it up to 6 but there is one section I cant use do to a request from the officials.

Folks will be at the gate about 7:30 if possible and I expect to keep that flowing pretty good and especially so if people come a bit early and the late racers come a bit later. Corp rules require money taken at the gate then bring your ticket to sign up.

Three random racers will be winning $35 plus a trophy (if we trophy back to that position). Cool plaques again this year.

Sunny and 70 on Sunday and the first race of the year! Get here! And bring people! Ocean front parking on a beautiful beach!
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!