Hank's Place Race Reports

General Bike Talk
Gibber

Hank's Place Race Reports

#1 Post by Gibber » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:33 pm

Alright Guys and Gals! We don't have Shredder to stir things up these days but we can still have some fun with Race Reports and Smack Talking!!! :twisted:

First off I want to extend Kudos to the 800 riders that passed me today. All of you seemed to understand that there was a pretty important Vet 40 race going on and you exercised some patience but also executed quick clean passes. I actually had one rider announce he was an 800 and Chris Locke Jr announced he was going left when I gave him the signal. Sure made things easy and I was able to maintain my Vet 40 race. Thanks!

Hanks place is definitely unique. It has kind of a Warrensburg, Big Springs, Carbondale, Etc Flair. Oh Heck, Its just like Hank's Place! :shock: I wasn't sure about the whole thing after my practice lap yesterday. Seemed kind of sketchy but turned out to be a lot of fun.

Ended up 2nd in the woods behind Sexton #1063 after the whole shot and stayed there 4 laps. Not by choice though. Tried to pass a couple of times but Todd would have no part of that stuff! 8) So I hung in there on his rear fender as much as I could waiting for an opportunity. There were not many! :?

Eric Schneider #1046 finally showed up and was not at all content with 3rd. So he began to work on me first. I held him off as long as I could but he cought me in a bobble and passed me like I was on a tricycle! :shock:

Once he got around Todd he was gone but the best race in the Vet 40's was 2nd and 3rd. Apparently Steve Stickney #1049 was trying to get in on the action but unannounced to me tried to pass me off trail and it did not work out so well. After that I had Flyin' Ryan Salmans #1043 working on me but once we got # 1046 out of the way I was able to but some distance between me and Ryan. BTW, Getting #1046 out of the way consisted of watching him pull away because he was on rails!!! :o

So I spent 4 laps following Todd #1063. Coming out of the scoring loop Everhart #292 gives me the "One Lap To Go" signal. Now it's game on. I get on Todd's tail pipe but he's not giving up anything for free. I'm gonna have to earn it. We come to one of the splits in the trail and he goes long so I go short and to the left. We meet up handlebar to handlebar where the trails meet but I stay on the gas. HELL YEAH, I'M IN THE LEAD! Not for long though. After the off camber down hill we come up on one of the hill climbs and there are 3 riders stopped on it. 2 at the bottom and on half way up. I make the mistake of stopping and Todd scoots right by me. Son of a gun! Now I'm back to chasing Todd.

Well, about 2 miles out (give or take) Todd has his front tire wash out and goes down. As I'm going around his front tire he is already getting up so I know he is okay and now I'm ahead of him again. Whoo Hoo! :mrgreen: We are ging in to the section Drake and Jayden cut and I felt real comfortable on that part of the course. Truth is I was jut going to be 10 feet wide if I couldn't out run him!!! :lol:

Well, I did and I took 2nd, Todd took 3rd and Flyin' Ryan took 4th. Top 5 of the Vet 40's is as tight as it can get. Could go any direction. 2 more races coming up. Should be fun. Our class is not locked up by any means.

Thanks to all the fans cheering me on today. It was fun. I felt like I rode my butt of and it feels good. Looking forward to Melvern but really glad to have a weekend off.

See everone in 2 weeks!!! :o :P

GO TEAM LETKO!
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com
steve@gibbscommercialtrucks.com
785-760-3479 Cell

orangecrush

Re: Hank's Place Race Reports

#2 Post by orangecrush » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:59 pm

You want to talk about smack. I got some stuff to tell might not get it all written during my lunch. If I hurt your feelings I'm sorry.
Didn't get a good start how ever I was in front of Jim #1099 and stuck behind Bill #1010 two bikes between us. Stalled the bike early on Ed #1086 passed me. I felt I was in last place. I bought up to Jim riding his back tire. Jim and someone else from another class got stuck on log crossing, I went left side of Jim pinning him in middle to make pass. Jim was not happy as I could here him. Some how later Jim got me back and he was no where in site.
Then I came across Bill, I was determined to get around him. I tried to make a pass ended up riding into him as if he was cutting me off. Bill was screaming like a little girl. I let off, let him go riding his back tire. Made another attempt passed without rubbing I think, started screaming again. I had enough as I pass in a dangerous spot for me.
I later cought up to Jim, Ryan, Steve and Todd. I stayed behind Jim way too long. I was waiting for a mistake on his part, didn't happen until he let me by thinking I was in a different class. I said thanks Jim as I passed by.
The hunt was on, push Steve Gibbs into making a mistake and let him know your behind him.

My lunch time is almost over I finish the rest of the story later.
Eric Schneider
01' KTM 400SX
#1046(2017) Vet 40
#746 (2016) C Vet
#1046 (2015) Vet 40
#616 (2006-2007) C
#416 (2003-2005) C Adv.
#x11 (2002) trailrider

tbarthree

#3 Post by tbarthree » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:12 pm

:cry: So yet another 1000 rider that calls names and tells sob stories about me, Bill Thomas 1010. I started the day off talking to most of the 1000 riders and having a good time getting ready for my race. Seth had a flat on the practice lap so I made the repairs so he could make his class, just in time for the card drop. On his frist lap out he got a rear flat. But back to me and all the boys in the 1000 class and their problem with me :?: I was on a new bike that I had only rode for about ten min. in my hay field. On the line I count 13 in the class. Card up, all set, card drops and we are off. I go 3rd into the woods and running hard trying to get in sync with my bike. Todd and Gibbs are just ahead and I'm keeping them in sight. Jim, 1099, made a pass on me, so next one to come up on me was 1046. Eric tried to make a pass but blew the corner. The yell he took as me screaming like a little girl was me saying to him "go go go"! I let him back in and by me as a friendly gesture :!: I know how all you winners feel and this is all about fun, but some of you in this class have forgotten that :!: I will not move for someone in my class that will not give a little respect. I am racing the same as you all are and on any Sunday there may be a different winner :!: My hand cramped so bad I let the entire class by at the hay rack in the weeds. I ran two more laps and pulled out but you all still give me s#!*. Get a better start than me and stop crying!! So at that small moment in time when I am faster, deal with it. I deal with the fact that you all might get around me. I do not ride dirty but some of you have threatened to take me out. Good luck with that! What comes around goes around. So much for having fun!! In the end I got 13th and still had fun knowing there were ten riders that had to actually ride to get around me. Maybe you should be thanking me for improving your passing skills.

orangecrush

#4 Post by orangecrush » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:58 pm

Now for rest of the story.

I managed to catch up to Steve riding sometimes to close hoping he would let me by like at Virgil. Nope, no chance of that happening. I followed for entire lap tried to get him in every corner I could. Came into scoring waited for him to take the long way around the cones as you make a hard right turn. I hit the gas slid the back tire around hoping to make a pass on exiting the scoring. I think Steve was thinking OH CRAP the race was on again. Steve manage to hold me off again. Three times later before going back into woods, I tangle with a tree that was trying to rip off my right radiator. It got my shroud the radiator was fine. It didn't take long for me catch him. I'm not sure where I got Steve.

Todd was about the same. No room to pass. Passed him on a corner where there was a pole marking the big hole along the course. Todd stayed on groove I took the grass, made my pass. Yee haw no more eating dust and hitting my brakes going up and down hills. I could have ran over you guys but, I tried to play nice.

Me being on rales not sure about that. I guess when I got away I started hitting trees missing corners. Cought my self following a cow path. Wait a minute, where did the arrows go. OH CRAP turned around found the course, race is on again. After that found myself laying on the ground on s rocky hill with my leg trapped under my bike. Didn't feel real good afterwards once I got free and riding again. I told myself quit pushing so hard. However they are coming. By the end of 5th lap bike started acting up like I was almost out of gas. Made it on one tank of gas. I was able to hold class leader for two laps.

At the awards Todd and Steve both said they were sorry. At first I didn't really understand why. Now I know. Holding me back as long as they could.

To the Vet 40 guys I am not here for the points. I am here to race and be competitive make new friends and catch up on old ones. I may not be at next race. Work is wanting me to work a shutdown at a grain elevator in Mexico, MO.

Steve, Todd and Jim keep your fingers crossed and hope I have too work all weekend.

Thank you for s weekend off from racing, maybe my hands will get a break from hanging on so tight.
Great race as all are. Until next time.

TWIST AND SHOUT!
Eric Schneider
01' KTM 400SX
#1046(2017) Vet 40
#746 (2016) C Vet
#1046 (2015) Vet 40
#616 (2006-2007) C
#416 (2003-2005) C Adv.
#x11 (2002) trailrider

Weissbeck

#5 Post by Weissbeck » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:11 am

Number 28.

This weekend October 10th was my 28th wedding anniversary. Our out of town get away plan was to: go up Saturday, ride some afternoon practice, spend the evening in Clinton, church on Sunday, back to race, pack-up and make it home by 09:00 PM. Successful weekend, how fortunate am I that my wife can stand to spend the weekend with the boys.

The boy number 9(28), Spent the night at the camp grounds. Helped them set up the tent before we left. Thanks to the folks that provided hot dogs and shelter, guess it was freezing cold. Anyway already wanting to camp at Melvern. Great kids.

The course to me was interesting, no really difficult sections, just really consistent. I’m from western Kansas so trees are really foreign to me; tried to mow a couple of them down, one somehow appeared in the middle of the trail I’m sure it wasn’t there on the first lap. However barb wire and cow poop now your talking my language.

My goal was to make five laps, only made four. Came in at 1:53:12 not sure how far I missed the cutoff but I’m going to say by (28) seconds. I think I was the first person to get flagged off. Lap times of 26,27,(28),29, It must be that old 2006 that I’m running or maybe I could stand to lose, you guessed it, 28 pounds.

Thanks to the land owner, and the forward motion folks that put on the race. If Dans not a paid position it should be.

If ever in Wichita look me up, member of Jeeps and Arkvalley Gun club.

Troy Weissbeck (1014) thinking about changing to 1028

orangecrush

#6 Post by orangecrush » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:47 am

I am relieved Bill that you cleared that up for me. Now when we all here you yell we will know your saying GO GO GO. If your in any class starts running up on me I will let you by if there is room in front of me. I rather follow a faster rider anyday.
Eric Schneider
01' KTM 400SX
#1046(2017) Vet 40
#746 (2016) C Vet
#1046 (2015) Vet 40
#616 (2006-2007) C
#416 (2003-2005) C Adv.
#x11 (2002) trailrider

orangecrush

#7 Post by orangecrush » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Wow Bill you admitted to holding up racers in your class because we have no respect for you. Some of us just ride faster than you and you can't admit that can you?
Eric Schneider
01' KTM 400SX
#1046(2017) Vet 40
#746 (2016) C Vet
#1046 (2015) Vet 40
#616 (2006-2007) C
#416 (2003-2005) C Adv.
#x11 (2002) trailrider

tbarthree

#8 Post by tbarthree » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:16 pm

orangecrush wrote:Wow Bill you admitted to holding up racers in your class because we have no respect for you. Some of us just ride faster than you and you can't admit that can you?
Eric you don't know me so just whats your beef if your so much faster then me cool and you should have no problem with passing and running off. If your so fast ther are other classes you could race in, 700 or 500. Then you start a head of all us in 1000 class. Holding off riders in your class is a part of racing! Just look at Gibber's post saying the same thing. Somehow you and others thank the waters should part for you. That my man is not racing! So why do you thank I don't count? I have been racing fmhsc from 2006 until now and I have been a top ten finsher in the 500 class, 800 class, 700 class and now the 1000 class. Lets just drop this B.S and be friends. I know your faster and half of the 1000 riders are also but we all sign up on any given Sunday to contest that very thing; who is faster, riding better, lasting longer, and so on!!!

Gibber

#9 Post by Gibber » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:30 pm

Sorry Bill. I tried sending as a "Private Message" but it would seem you have no email on file since it would not send. So now here it is out in the open. Do with me what you will.

https://youtu.be/Cc9u7gvRn6M

https://youtu.be/jMsQDsVoV9g

https://youtu.be/bWjj1Ael7LQ

Bill,

I have not singled you out for anything negative on this or any other subject. In fact, I congratulated you on a good race at Camp MO PO. However, I would like a little clarification on this respect thing. The links above are to youtube videos of me trying to pass you at Carbondale 1, Merwin 1 and Merwin 2. Now considering I am racing for 1st place in the points, you are racing for a top ten and I have proven on several occasions I am considerably faster how does this respect thing work? I haven't reved or woo hoo'd you, I have gotten up beside you several times and tried to make clean passes. Yet you intentionally hold me off while the rest of our class in front of you walks away until I get aggressive enough to risk taking one or both of us out. I really don't get it. Right now your speed is barely keeping up with the top 25 900's. I know you have said to other riders you are intentionally blocking riders from your class. I get the idea of racing them but not blocking them. I have let riders from our class pass me because I knew I could not keep up. In fact in some cases I have done better to follow them just because they are faster than me.

You told another rider you had been injured and took some time off which has affected your speed. You expect to be back to 100% next year. I will tell you right now if that is the case and next year you are kicking my butt I am going to let you go. 1st of all I don't want to get hurt trying to over ride my ability, 2nd is I don't want to hold up another rider in my class who has a better opportunity in the points than I do and 3rd to me it just seems like the right thing to do. Ever since I met you at Warrensburg a couple of years ago when you were helping us with Everhart #292's swamped bike I thought we were kind of pals. Sami and Big D were becoming friends and hung out together (I'm sorry she has not been at the races lately. Tell Big D I'm going to try to get her to Melvern). But now for some reason you want to take every opportunity to keep me from winning our class. I'm afraid I don't get it and I am truly disapointed. If I did not race the next 2 races and you won both you still would not beat me but you will do everything you can to keep me from passing then complain that people talk about you blocking. I'm not asking for you to give me anything just let me go if I prove I am faster. That's all. Just give me a little bit of the respect you asked for in your post. I don't think I have done anything to deserve less, have I?

Last thing. The late, great Iron Mike Stanfield got me and Sami in to this type of racing in lieu of Motocross because of the friendships and comradery. He was absolutely right. I have made more friends racing than I probably have most all of my life. It's been awesome. Let's try to keep it that way. If you hear the same thing from enough people at some point you need to accept the fact it could be you. I promise, I will not do anything intentionally to screw up your race opportunity, please allow me the same respect. And get your butt back to 100% for next year so we can do some real racin'! 8)

P.S. This is a private message and the videos are not public. I am keeping this between me and you. Help me out here if you can. Maybe at some point I will have a chance to return the favor.

Thanks Buddy!
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com
steve@gibbscommercialtrucks.com
785-760-3479 Cell

quik406

#10 Post by quik406 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:12 pm

Nice to see some action on the message board...A lot of drama in the ol' "DVET" class