White Rock Enduro is 3/25

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

White Rock Enduro is 3/25

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:17 am

I highly encourage you to go ride this race. www.blackjackenduro.org or their Facebook page has all the information. There is a class for everyone and choices on how long of a course you ride. I believe long course is 63 miles and short is about 41. There is even a super short that is 17 miles. You don't need anything special to keep time or anything. Those mileages are the total you ride all day but you the mileage you actually race is less. There are transfer sections between the timed sections and those are included in the total mileage.

I really think all hare scramble riders will like the enduro format. If I were to overly simplify it I would say it is like a hare scramble where you race the first lap for time, ride the 2nd lap just because, then ride the third lap for time and so on. Simply put you race a bit then ride to the next section. There are places you can gas during the day so you don't need a big tank. When you get gas you can make repairs, eat, rest and so on as time allows. The faster you are the longer the "rest" stops are.

Pre-entry may have ended but you can sign up Saturday afternoon and early Sunday morning. These events are really best if you stay the night before as things get started pretty early.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

2WheelsTony

Re: White Rock Enduro is 3/25

#2 Post by 2WheelsTony » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:50 am

Yesterday at White Rock was my first enduro experience and I give it two (sore!) thumbs way up!!! The timed tests were HARD, the transfers were entertaining, the whole show they put on there was top-notch. 4+ hours/60-ish miles of AR rocks, roots and virgin dirt will put a whole new perspective on a 2-hour hare scramble - that's for sure!!! I'll be doing another BJEC event this year, no doubt!

Congrats to Mr. Dan on the class WIN!!! (great to see you, Dan, and several familiar FMHSC faces at my latest "blow the cobwebs off return to dirt biking" adventure!)
If it's got 2 wheels, I wanna ride it!

'15 KTM 200XC-W #541
2010 Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide
2014 Giant TCR Advanced
2013 Giant XTR Advanced 27.5"
2012 Felt F65x
2010 Echo Pure

Formerly: #345, 351, 500, 313, 3131, 341
Formerly: Tony B Racer, Tony B Done, Tony B Back, Tony B Gone