Jason’s Saturday info

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Jason’s Saturday info

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Jason’s update.
We wanted to be sure we could be ready before making the call on riding Saturday. There will be open riding from 2:00 until 7:00 tomorrow. There will be no fee and most importantly there will be no EMT on site. Please keep that in mind when you’re riding. Only ride the marked trails. Camping is allowed and there is no fee. It is very difficult to collect gate fees in this type of situation. I will have the gate waiver available at the scoring trailer and the fees will be collected entirely on an honor system. Please make sure every adult in your group comes to the trailer and signs the sheet and pays the gate fee at some point. The fee is only if you will be here on Sunday. If you will not be here on Sunday, I still need to have everyone sign the gate waiver at some point. It would probably work best if you just pull up to this scoring trailer area and take care of this immediately when you arrive.

There is a peewee track mowed into an open field. It is very beginner friendly. One extremely important point is that to get to the peewee track you have to cross the main course. The visibility is very good so there is a very low chance of that being an issue but I would think it would be best for parents to attend the peewees at all times rather than let them come and go from the pit area to the peewee track. There is an area on the peewee track where you can park for day use but it is not an area that you can camp overnight.

The main course is 6.2 miles long and slightly more challenging than some of our tracks. By comparison I would say Heartland was a difficulty level of about 3 and this one is about a 7. With that said I still believe every rider can easily make it around this course. There are just some areas that require a little more commitment. It is very dry here. All hard lines are marked with bright orange arrows. The less difficult lines are marked with the same arrows as the rest of the course.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!