Hanks race report

General Bike Talk
Weissbeck

Hanks race report

#1 Post by Weissbeck » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:56 am

Lap one jammed up in the train, need to work on my starts. Sorry to the fast guys behind me no place to go.

Lap two broke free, fun riding

Lap three hit a tree, took me off the bike, took me out of the flow. 1011 thanks for asking if I was ok.

Lap four uneventful

Lap five just like lap four

Thanks FMHSC team, you guys are the best.

Troy Weissbeck, 1014

gcat7

Re: Hanks race report

#2 Post by gcat7 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:25 pm

Hanks is a fun place to ride. Weather was just as good as the track, both perfect! Thanks to Hank for this place and of course the FM crew for cutting trail thru Tickville. Appreciate ya all.

On to the report via the 500's:

Shane Weimer - aka Capt'n hole-shot - is the undisputed hole-shot king. Nicely done Birthday Boy! After He & about 14 others decided to hit the woods, I figured I better get going. A horrible start indeed. The lead pack distanced themselves quickly by then the race was on for 10th place from my view.

First lap was uneventful jockeying for position and crossed 11th which I thought was ok since this is turning into the B class. Tucked in behind Don Crnkovich for a nice pace. He's damn quick in the tight stuff and I was good with trying to keep up with him as we were clipping long. It's interesting how trees can suddenly pull up roots and move and one did just that. I creamed that tree so hard at speed there's an imprint of the bark on my shoulder, wacked my head on something and got Jean Claude Van Damme'd to the dirt. This one hurt a bit bruised or cracked a rib, haven't decided which yet. Dropped to 15th lap 2

Lap 3 stopped to return last weeks favor to Mark Brunk who went down in front of me. He's was ok. Laps 4-6 were uneventful worked back up to 11th after unwittingly letting a 500 go around at the end of lap 6. Those stick on numbers are hard to read at speed. :lol:

(Holding a can of Monster and smiling)
I'd like to thank my non-sponsors for assisting again:
Ktm for all their hard work selling & not setting up my bike for me. Without them I wouldn't be here.
6D helments
Scott Goggles (around neck)
Atlas neck brace
Fox Air Frame
Leatt elbow guards
Mobius Knee braces.
Gaerne boots.

Gcat
Greg Catanzaro
2019 #55
2018 #574
2017 #740, #574