Heartland Park RR 4/14

General Bike Talk
Weissbeck

Heartland Park RR 4/14

#1 Post by Weissbeck » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:47 am

Heartland Park

I would like to start this race report looking back to the weekend prior. Sunday April 7th I had the privilege of pitting next to David Dalme. Rest in Peace David. Its events like David’s passing that jerk me back to reality. In short, give more then you take in everything you do.

Great to be back at Heartland Park or maybe just racing of any kind. The weather was awesome. The Drive getting to the race was peaceful. My peanut butter and jelly sandwich tasted better than usual. Lets go FMHSC Raaaaaacccccccing!

Got a better start then I deserved not my fault just followed the rest of the pack or maybe just the guys who took a little short cut.

Shout out to team Honda, Robert and Gary. Looks like I held up Robert and Gary was closing fast. Shout out to Fred and Jim for saving me a place in the pits, come on I know you guys love me.

A friend told me to do something nice, for three people I don’t know, in the following weeks. Well looks like you racers are going to miss out, almost certain that Milford will cancel, maybe a Jet ski section of the course.

As always thanks to FMHSC team.

Troy Weissbeck 1014

yellow jacket

Re: Heartland Park RR 4/14

#2 Post by yellow jacket » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:45 pm

Heartland Park Raceway,
It was certainly good to see the boys out on the track on such a fine day. I must admit that after cancelling the race only 2 weeks ago, I was kinda surprised how dusty it got. With almost 300 riders out there racing the track held up well. It was Flyn Ryan that introduced me to my fellow 700 class riders and the fastest 500 rider in the 700 class. Everyone got a chuckle out of that but I think they laughed harder because I was on a 13 year old bike. I got the last laugh. Some one told me this would be the smoothest track in the FMHSC series. I hope not, cause I was one tired puppy at the end. I was sad to see Gordo on the sidelines. We always have a good time out there crashing. He even let me run over him the week before. I will have to attend more of these events in the future, it always makes me feel younger when I am out there playing around.
Till next time,
The old guy