Auburn NE-Directions?

General Bike Talk
Frank

Auburn NE-Directions?

#1 Post by Frank » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:52 pm

I have spent a very long time searching the internet and maps for a county road Q, north of Auburn NE, and have found nothing. I have not been able to use the GPS cordinates either. Can someone give clear directions to where the ride is from the intersection of Highway 75 and Highway 136 in Auburn? Thanks

Motorcare

Re: Auburn NE-Directions?

#2 Post by Motorcare » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:34 pm

I haven't been there yet, but this should be pretty close for coordinates: 40.5522, -95.7929
B #36

Frank

#3 Post by Frank » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:21 am

Hey Motorcare, that helped a ton. I am now able to find my way there via the internet. I used http://www.itouchmap.com/latlong.html

Thanks.

Frank

#4 Post by Frank » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:45 am

It looks as if we are to travel approximately 11 1/2 miles north of highway 136 and turn east and travel approximately 3 1/2 miles. Thanks.

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#5 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:19 am

I updated the coordinates on the main page and they seem to work well. The actual site may be a bit further east but the arrows will guide everyone in. I deleted a couple of posts on this thread that pointed out the directions had been wrong. Now that they are correct on the home page, those posts would have been misleading.

Tim will be there this weekend and will update the exact coordinates next week. The written directions have only one turn so I think we will all find it just fine. As soon as you head north out of Auburn, the Couty roads start in using letters, so with some basic knowledge of the Alphabet, all will be well. Now it is a bit cumbersome because the letters are going backwards and you cant hum that ABC tune to help out!!!

It is about 11 miles north of Auburn.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

kchotrod

#6 Post by kchotrod » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:03 am

You actually made me laugh and then I started humming my ABC's. Okay who else did that?