Donnell's Husqvarna

General Bike Talk
Dstone80

Donnell's Husqvarna

#1 Post by Dstone80 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Hello, everyone!

This is not spam, so please don't take it as such. Just some straight forward information.

After 5 years away from the sport, I have been on the comeback trail riding a Husky TXC 310 four-stroke.
I have been impressed with the bike ever since I took my first ride on it back in October. All that we have
done to it is re-valve the suspension and put a Pro-Circuit exhaust on it. The bike has been an absolute
warrior thus far. The only complaint that I have is on the start. I can't seem to get a start for squat, but I
really think that is just a "me" problem and I will try to remedy that soon.

Just a quick FYI for those that may not know. BMW is the parent company of Husqvarna now and you know that
they have deep pockets so only armegeddon can stop this freight train. Also, to the best of my knowledge, they
are currently consolidating their parts warehouses into two locations: east and west. This has made delivery of
parts a little slower than usual, but it will be better for all the dealers when finished.

I know everyone seems to be riding the "orange peel" on wheels, but the next time you are in the market
for a new scooter, I think it would be worth your while to run over to Donnell's Motorcycles in Independence, MO
and check out the new Husky's. Whether you are a 2-stroke or 4-stroke guy, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Also, I just wanted to say that the FMHSC has come a long way in the last 10-15 years. There is some fast,
young talent and the turnouts are strong which is awesome in this economy. It's been great to get back out
there and see everyone.

.......D. Stone

oldmandave59

Re: Donnell's Husqvarna

#2 Post by oldmandave59 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:45 pm

I have to stop and check them out every time I go to Donnells, Very impressed by the simple design and looks so easy to work on. I do too have a little slower start on my Berg compared to my DRZ 400 E at the race's because of 2 reasons. One is it takes one second for it to fire because of the EFI and 2, you can't pull back on the throttle when starting to hear it compared to all of the bikes around you can start at a higher rpm, but the electric start is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.
Riding is not a hobby, its a lifestyle

swedishfishmx

#3 Post by swedishfishmx » Thu May 03, 2012 7:48 pm

I recently got a chance to ride a 2012 tc250, and to be honest I liked it just as good if not better than my 2012 crf250r.

Great bikes for sure!
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

orangecrush616

#4 Post by orangecrush616 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:29 am

Watch it there, talking about KTM's being an orange peel on wheels. The short name for Husqvarna is Husky, which pretty much says it all (big and heavy). It sure is funny that Husqvarna lawn equipment is ORANGE, must be a selling point. I remember too about 15 years ago the races mostly of Honda XR and YZF. I don't have a slow starting four stroke. It is carburatored and I don't use the electric start because that is just for wusies that can't kick a four stroke. I chose KTM because not to many bikes will fit my 6'6" body frame. All others feal like mini bikes. I use to ride a Husky back in the day, it was easy to work on and parts where hard to find and waiting was a pain. I like getting parts now in just three days, that is great. I will say that any bike that is not Japanese is a really good bike They are built to last not throw away.

swedishfishmx

#5 Post by swedishfishmx » Sun May 06, 2012 4:37 pm

orangecrush616 wrote:Watch it there, talking about KTM's being an orange peel on wheels. The short name for Husqvarna is Husky, which pretty much says it all (big and heavy). It sure is funny that Husqvarna lawn equipment is ORANGE, must be a selling point. I remember too about 15 years ago the races mostly of Honda XR and YZF. I don't have a slow starting four stroke. It is carburatored and I don't use the electric start because that is just for wusies that can't kick a four stroke. I chose KTM because not to many bikes will fit my 6'6" body frame. All others feal like mini bikes. I use to ride a Husky back in the day, it was easy to work on and parts where hard to find and waiting was a pain. I like getting parts now in just three days, that is great. I will say that any bike that is not Japanese is a really good bike They are built to last not throw away.
Troll somewhere else...

:roll:
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

Dstone80

#6 Post by Dstone80 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:05 pm

orangecrush616 wrote:Watch it there, talking about KTM's being an orange peel on wheels. The short name for Husqvarna is Husky, which pretty much says it all (big and heavy). It sure is funny that Husqvarna lawn equipment is ORANGE, must be a selling point. I remember too about 15 years ago the races mostly of Honda XR and YZF. I don't have a slow starting four stroke. It is carburatored and I don't use the electric start because that is just for wusies that can't kick a four stroke. I chose KTM because not to many bikes will fit my 6'6" body frame. All others feal like mini bikes. I use to ride a Husky back in the day, it was easy to work on and parts where hard to find and waiting was a pain. I like getting parts now in just three days, that is great. I will say that any bike that is not Japanese is a really good bike They are built to last not throw away.
6-1-6,

Hey pumkin (pun intended) :lol:, it was just a little friendly ribbing with you KTM guys so don't get your panties in a wad. I ain't mad at ya for having a "crush" on your orange machine. My sweet Husqvarna may be a little "husky" but she has been giving me a lot of good rides this year with no complaints and I just wanted to spread the word!

KTMWade

#7 Post by KTMWade » Sun May 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Stopped by Donnell's not long ago, just missed you that day Doug! As you know I am riding the old school scooter from 01. I had to see those new husky's though. Man, they have really come around to be a nice small bore four stroke. looked like Donnells was hopping as well. Good to see the local shops hanging in there. I also got to check out the RM465 hanging out in the shop, very cool

WireFryer

#8 Post by WireFryer » Mon May 14, 2012 7:14 pm

KTMWade wrote: I also got to check out the RM465 hanging out in the shop, very cool
If they need an '81' RM250 (last year for air-cooled 250's, first year for the Full Floater) thats looks good sitting still for Floor Candy...Gothca' covered :wink: .

Whoop!

Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.