Auburn Nebraska countdown

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Auburn Nebraska countdown

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:38 pm

Anyone ready for a new location with really sweet loam like dirt? Not a rock on the place! 7 Mile course. One race format. Peewees in the morning.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

WireFryer

Re: Auburn Nebraska countdown

#2 Post by WireFryer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Iamdanjohnson wrote:Anyone ready for a new location with really sweet loam like dirt? Not a rock on the place! 7 Mile course. One race format. Peewees in the morning.

Sweet loam-like dirt...

hmmm, I'm confused, what is THAT exactly? Heard rumors of such a thing back in the 90's on the East Coast GNCC courses, but the traction was so good that swingarms on all brands where subject to catastrophic failure out of 3rd gear corners, so they quit using it :mrgreen: .

Not a rock on the place....

Now we're ALL going to get confused! The Missouri Racers will be really flustered, and the Kansas Racers will all think they're at JEEPS. (OOHHHH!, KerSmack!) (I'm going to the local offroad hell for that one :wink: )

7 Miles..... on a haul-a$$ course...., no split...., surely there is another couple of miles lurking on the property, Dan, Wolfe, hmmm?

PeeWees in the morning.

Whoop!

Tim
#1085 :mrgreen:
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

shredder

#3 Post by shredder » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Put on some fresh rubber and give it a treat and let it eat!
I think that T-Climber has his cow catcher powder coated and mounted on his new beast!
I am grinding my teeth with excitement and anticipation to witness Scott and Grayson heat it up like a nuclear reactor in the loam!
Brad and I are camping out, Tim Are you making the haul? I know its a very long way but it just aint the same without ya man!
I know it's going to be a great ride fer sure! :wink:
Man I'm hoping that Larry at Donnell's figures out what the deal is with my stuck rear shock, it locked up on lap 2 at Walters and threw me off at the rock ledge and pushed my brake lever into the clutch case and she just puked it all out right there! I don't want to do that again!

BRAAAAAAAAP!
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

Superfast

#4 Post by Superfast » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Put on some fresh rubber and give it a treat and let it eat!
Got it covered, new wheel bearings/seals, new brake pads and new rubber, front and rear ................. traction will NOT be a problem! 8)
Anyone ready for a new location with really sweet loam like dirt? Not a rock on the place!
We are going to hold you to that ............. especially the "not a rock on the place" part. How exactly does one ride a course with no rocks? How about corn, any corn on the course? From what I hear corn is worse then rocks and can really ruin your day :lol:
Man I'm hoping that Larry at Donnell's figures out what the deal is with my stuck rear shock, it locked up on lap 2 at Walters and threw me off at the rock ledge and pushed my brake lever into the clutch case and she just puked it all out right there!
So that's it, your gonna blame the whole thing on your rear shock ..... it locked up, so it threw you off the ledge, and it pushed your brake lever into your clutch case? Your saying there was absolutely no "rider skill" involved??? :roll:

Looking forward to the new course, sounds pretty good, but need some more details. Is it fast open or slower technical? Plenty of twists and turns so we can tear all this loamy dirt up?

Pam and I are heading up Saturday to join the evening festivities with Dennis, Brad and the rest of the gang ........ maybe Tim too ....... if he can get past the "statute of limitations issue" he has with Nebraska. I keep telling you Tim, they won't find you out in the woods, just jump in the truck saturday and take back roads to get there. :D Hope to see you Saturday night.
Scott

2014 - #71
2013 - #72
2012 - #86 - #786
2011 - #825
2010 - #9198

shredder

#5 Post by shredder » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Hey cmon now Scott! I really had my hands full! My tire pressure was on the high side, my seat cover too loose, foggy goggles, water valve not turned on, way to windy, my mom was calling and my new boots were way out of adjustment....sheesh! :?
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#6 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Tue May 01, 2012 7:45 am

One more thing, I have not been there myself but this is not a flat wide open course just because it has not rocks and is in NE. My understanding is that it is well wooded and winds nicely through the trees while going up and down some bluffs near the river.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Motorcare

#7 Post by Motorcare » Tue May 01, 2012 9:58 am

I was able to ride the course last Sunday; the only rocks are on the gravel road! It had been raining heavily that morning and the night before but there was no visible running water. The place is like a black dirt sponge! The woods are filled with pretty steep up and downhills, but the promoters say a little girl on a peewee bike goes around the entire thing! Something to do with traction? The peewee course you can just barely see in black at the top around the start.
auburn.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B #36

Iowa

#8 Post by Iowa » Tue May 01, 2012 11:07 am

This looks a lot like the terrain across the river in Bartlett where they (Iowa D22) run the enduro every year. Riding in those hills is probably the second best memory from my youth (the first involves girls in cut-off blue jeans and is not relevant to the discussion).

See you there!
Scott
Formerly KTM, now Gasgas trials

Jason g

#9 Post by Jason g » Tue May 01, 2012 8:20 pm

I think my insurance is still in effect. Looking to hitch a ride.
I prayed for an old, wise angel who fly's faster than I ride. 2005 yz 250// 2000 cr 500// 2007 rmz 450// 2008 ktm 300// 2013 ktm 300 xcw.

WireFryer

#10 Post by WireFryer » Tue May 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Superfast wrote:...... maybe Tim too ....... if he can get past the "statute of limitations issue" he has with Nebraska. I keep telling you Tim, they won't find you out in the woods, just jump in the truck saturday and take back roads to get there.
What do you think got my young, dumb, bee-hind in that mess to start with??

With the exception of the fact that the truck at the time had 17 good tires and one blown outside driver, and the fact I sucessfully moved 30+tons of machine and soy meal on it's way to the Purina Plant in Abilene over a 15-ton squeaker bridge to avoid a weigh station.... only to get blooped, scaled, and scoped...

Surely they've forgot about that by now..., that was back in the 90's and all :mrgreen:

Whoop!

American Taxpayer
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.