Newbie Questions...

General Bike Talk
STOKES

Newbie Questions...

#1 Post by STOKES » Sun May 13, 2012 9:03 am

Hey everyone. I recently decided to start racing hare scrambles and i have a couple newbie questions... Is there a peewee race at every round? I'll have my 6 year old son with me who is really pumped to race. Do all the beginner level peewee's trophie or the top third (as i assume the regular classes do???) When you buy a transponder at your first race does that lock in your number for the year? See you all at big springs!

bshack

Re: Newbie Questions...

#2 Post by bshack » Sun May 13, 2012 7:25 pm

The bosses may need to chime in here but I do believe that the transponders are locked in for the season. I don't think that every race has Pee Wee, although most of them seem to have a race for them. This is my first season of racing too, and You will have a blast running the FMHSC races!
Brad Hackett #968
2013 Husqvarna TXC 310R
"I love those Red Heads"!

El Dog

#3 Post by El Dog » Mon May 14, 2012 8:41 am

Seems like most races have an event for the PeeWee's, but some do not. You can look at the schedule on the Right side of the webpage for the breakdown of the race formats. Barring some unforeseen event (and in Kansas there can be) they stick to the format pretty well.
All of the kiddo's that ride get a trophy for their efforts; the top three in each class get a BIGGER one...
I have been in the FM thing for about a year and a half, and have two girls that race the PW's...we dig it....
Welcome!
El Dog
#1042 ,'10 CRF 250

verticaltwin

#4 Post by verticaltwin » Mon May 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Just a couple of other newbie questions... My buddy and I want to try the B.O.K. at Big Springs. We race flattrack, but have never done any other off-road racing. Probably come out on Saturday and check it out... I've never even rolled a bike around an mx track before.

Do we just pick unused 900 series numbers, like 962 & 963?

Do you guys provide number printouts to stick on or do we need to have the bikes numbered up when we get there?

Thx for any help! Look forward to doing something new and having some fun!
TTR250 #9114

El Dog

#5 Post by El Dog » Mon May 14, 2012 2:14 pm

V-Twin:

they can determine the availability of the 900 series numbers at the scoring trailer when you sign in; in addition, they will provide you with numbers for the front plate and two side panels that stick on pretty well and hold up under some adverse conditions.....

...unless something has changed, of course.
El Dog
#1042 ,'10 CRF 250

verticaltwin

#6 Post by verticaltwin » Tue May 15, 2012 8:10 am

Thanks!!
TTR250 #9114