Polo=Perfect

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Polo=Perfect

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:17 am

9 mile course with variety, light rain overnight and early today, low temps!! You better be loaded and enroute when you read this!
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Sane Asylum

Re: Polo=Perfect

#2 Post by Sane Asylum » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:33 am

It was perfect Dan......Thanks to you and the landowner for making this happen. Sane
# 1022 Senior.......13' 350XCF

Pumpkinpatch

#3 Post by Pumpkinpatch » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm going to shamelessly hijack Rod Smiths FB post and copy it here for you all to read. It was one of the coolest (hate the circumstances) moments in my 30+ years of racing.

Rod posted:
Lisa and I went to the Forward Motion Race to score and help out at Polo where the day was not quite as happy. First lap Lisa realized that we only had one AA come through then some A’s came. We were missing 4 AA’s and quickly we all knew something had happened. Had a little panic and confusion until we found out one AA was down hard and the other three racers stopped to help him. They made sure help was on the way to Ryan O’Neal the injured rider then they mounted their bikes and left in the order that they arrived in. Those three riders Matt Newman, Ethan Ezell, and Russ Kerstetter are great racers but on a day like today those three were something way beyond that. Thanks Guys the whole series is better with people like you three in it. By the way Ryan has two fractured vertebra and will be laid up for a while. Several people were injured today which weather wise was the first nice race day we have had in a long time. Hoping everyone heals up fine and looking forward to seeing everyone at the next race.

OK; back to Pumpkinpatch nonsense.
I've been racing FMHSC since 2001 and have found it to be the best run and organized group of people that I've been around. It's a small band of closely knit people that genuinely care about each other. I've been a benefactor and seen parts sharing and race track mechanic-n constantly. But, to hear about this acts of caring...well, it speaks for istelf. Class act. Enough said.

My day was typical of what you run into after so many races over so many years. A track made just for me (my Hillbilly GP loven fool self) but was not to be. I got flat a mile into the race. But, you will find the good in all things if you look. Lauren was rippin on the "new" 290 KTM and Jared was showing me how to ride a two stroke 250 on his first outing on the old Nathan Looney horse. I was so impressed at their fortitude on a really challenging track and that they both were able to bring home trophies. Much better than if I drug yet another one into the house (it lost its luster with my better half a long time ago).

So, yes; a bad day can be a blessing. You all take note and be glad that God gave us all this gift.

Ryan. You get well. And if you need something; you do not need to hesitate to ask.
Last edited by Pumpkinpatch on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Shafer
Rider #511 FMHSC
Proud Papa of #60 & #5

Thanks to #pumpkinpatchracing, Letko Cycles, MSR, EVS, DeCal Works, Atlas, 100%, Motorcare, HeavyD, DT1, Mika Metals

Pumpkinpatch

#4 Post by Pumpkinpatch » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Oh, and I didn't mention that this was probably one of the best courses we've seen all year. Polo rocks (literally and figuratively). And probably some of the coolest trophies I've ever seen.

Nice work guys!!!!
Mark Shafer
Rider #511 FMHSC
Proud Papa of #60 & #5

Thanks to #pumpkinpatchracing, Letko Cycles, MSR, EVS, DeCal Works, Atlas, 100%, Motorcare, HeavyD, DT1, Mika Metals

bmxpro2621

#5 Post by bmxpro2621 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Pumpkinpatch wrote:Oh, and I didn't mention that this was probably one of the best courses we've seen all year. Polo rocks (literally and figuratively). And probably some of the coolest trophies I've ever seen.

Nice work guys!!!!

This course was the best I have ever seen around here too! Wish we had more places to ride that are as good as polo is. Thanks Dan & everyone for putting on a great place to race and ride. Really appreciated. :) Onward! lol
A Big Thanks To All My Sponsors:

Heavy D's Exhaust Repair, Kenda Tires, Amsoil, O'Neal, ODI Grips, Scott Goggles, Gaerne, Powersports Graphx & Suspension, Bell Helmets, GoPro, Sealsavers, Shorai LFX Lithiuim Batteries, Twin Air, IMS Products, Leatt, JT Sprockets

MORE #210
MHSC#130
HBGP #410
30+B NEPG