El Dorado Springs Update Friday 10-05

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

El Dorado Springs Update Friday 10-05

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:07 am

The MORE series has held two races at this location so I called upon the head of that series, Steve Leivan, for so help learning this new location. With his help and the help of several others, the course is pretty much all marked and is 5.6 miles long. Dont let the length fool you, it will be a lower lap race. 6 for most. I still have a huge overgrown pasture that I can mow in a grass track any way I like. On Saturday that grass track will be almost your last chance to pass before scoring so that should be interesting.

This place is very much like Collins so if you like that, you will love this place. If you dont like it, you wont be coming to me with any big hugs. It is rideable by all levels but will be tougher than most of our locations. I have all of you in mind when I set up so look around and there is likely a much easier way around anything too tough. At the end of race two on Saturday, workers will flip the course and we will run it the opposite the following day. Mile markers will count down instead of up so I dont have to relocate them on the GPS map.

The atmosphere is going to be very different. Camp Galilee has a huge lake, paved roads, cabins, pavillions, and just lots of fun stuff all around. The cabins are spread out but very near the RV hook ups. Open camping may be a bit farther down. Shower houses are available for a small fee. I think it was $5 or $10 for the weekend. The point to all of this is everything will be a short walk all weekend. Pit bikes or small transportation is fine as long as they are driven VERY slowly. There will be a problem it they are not. Lots of really good spectator spots all along a small road that goes through the property. When you travel the road, watch for blue barrels or other markings that let you know the race is crossing your path.

Huge concession is being stocked this week so dont let these folks down. Bring some extra money for stuff and pack a little less. I have not seen it myself but it is reported to be one of the best. Spaghetti on Saturday night if you call in advance (417-876-3024). See the other post about this. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5590

I have been doing this long enough I shouldn't get too excited but I sure have some great expectations for this one. Dont miss out. Two races for one gas money! After this weekend, we will finally know if this is a good option or not.

Lets not forget this is a Church Camp.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: Eldorado Springs Update Wednesday 10-03

#2 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:05 am

Only 8 cabins left. Not too many takers on the Spaghetti dinner served with salad and breadsticks.

Brings some jackets as the temps look to be very cool.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Pumpkinpatch

#3 Post by Pumpkinpatch » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:44 am

Iamdanjohnson wrote:Only 8 cabins left. Not too many takers on the Spaghetti dinner served with salad and breadsticks.

Brings some jackets as the temps look to be very cool.
Just made our dinner reservations!
pasta feast....
Mark Shafer
Rider #511 FMHSC
Proud Papa of #60 & #5

Thanks to #pumpkinpatchracing, Letko Cycles, MSR, EVS, DeCal Works, Atlas, 100%, Motorcare, HeavyD, DT1, Mika Metals

Pumpkinpatch

#4 Post by Pumpkinpatch » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:05 pm

Mr. Johnson.
1 - how much are the cabins? I tried calling and never got a real person. Didn't see on their website how to reserve and how much.
2 - are any cabins left anymore?
Mark Shafer
Rider #511 FMHSC
Proud Papa of #60 & #5

Thanks to #pumpkinpatchracing, Letko Cycles, MSR, EVS, DeCal Works, Atlas, 100%, Motorcare, HeavyD, DT1, Mika Metals

dive

#5 Post by dive » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:36 am

Pumpkinpatch wrote:Mr. Johnson.
1 - how much are the cabins? I tried calling and never got a real person. Didn't see on their website how to reserve and how much.
2 - are any cabins left anymore?

$40 a night
AN ARMED MAN IS A CITIZEN. AN UNARMED MAN IS A SUBJECT !

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: El Dorado Springs Update Thursday 10-04

#6 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Only 6 cabins left. Most sleep 12 in 6 bunkbeds.

The concession will have breakfast burritos and biscuits and gravy in the mornings. Full stock of stuff all day long.

I am going down tonight so I will try to update tomorrow evening.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC

It's all good!

millwright

#7 Post by millwright » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Is there anyplace for campfires ?

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#8 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:43 pm

I would think so. I will find out.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC

It's all good!

Halfdigitshort

#9 Post by Halfdigitshort » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:56 am

Dan, I am coming down Sunday with the famed Yellowwood photographer, will be able to assist on the course as needed. Jason
Jason Stevens
11'YZ250

magnum711

#10 Post by magnum711 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 am

You're carpooling with Second Shooter? I know it wouldn't be Andy. :shock: