The Off-Road Cup

General Bike Talk
jstr244

The Off-Road Cup

#1 Post by jstr244 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:08 am

The date for the 2016 Off-Road Cup is out - March 26th.
Saturday March 26th at D-Day Adventure Park near Wyandotte, OK.

If you haven't done it before, it'll be worth your while to consider it. This is a 9hr race with teams of up to 3. Several FMHSC teams took place in the event last year and did really well.

Information was posted by Steph at: https://www.facebook.com/Theoffroadcup and http://www.theoffroadcup.com/Home_Page.php

Check it out and start getting your teams together!

Classes are as follows:
PRO
A
A+35 B
B+35
C
C+35
+50
Family
Junior
Ladies
Ironman
Ironman
Ironwoman
Ironman +50

Must meet age requirements by day of the race. All family members must be immediate family, no cousins.
Jeremy Stretz #244
'13 KTM 300 XC
Thanks to:
PumpkinPatchRacing
Malcolm Smith Racing (MSR), Dunlop Tires, EVS, 100%, Maxima Racing Oils, Letko, Donnell's Motorcycles, Cycra Racing, & Decal Works

jstr244

Re: The Off-Road Cup

#2 Post by jstr244 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:12 am

I saw a lot of FMHSC teams signed up for this one, good luck! Hope to see everyone out there to represent our series!

I am pretty sure last year someone organized some way for all of us to recognize one another out on the course and thought that was pretty cool.

Anyone else excited for this 9-hr team race?
Jeremy Stretz #244
'13 KTM 300 XC
Thanks to:
PumpkinPatchRacing
Malcolm Smith Racing (MSR), Dunlop Tires, EVS, 100%, Maxima Racing Oils, Letko, Donnell's Motorcycles, Cycra Racing, & Decal Works

Rebound

#3 Post by Rebound » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:03 am

I certainly an looking forward to this race, always fun hanging out with a fun group of guys. I will have Gilliland with me, so stop by Friday evening for story time ! I will cook a pot of Spaghetti Friday evening, everyone welcome to stop over. Blue ford with an XLR hauler behind it.

Darren

yellow jacket

#4 Post by yellow jacket » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:37 pm

The OFFROADCUP was a hoot this year. Perfect weather, riding conditions and competition. The FMHSC 35 c-vet class was represented by JP Fay (47), Chris Walline (40) and Tom Brunholtz (61). Yes that is correct race fans, it was a bunch of flat land riders that took on the rocks at Wyandotte Oklahoma. Our strategy was simple, 2 laps each for the first half of the race and then one lap each time for the remainder of the race. It worked perfectly until the transponder on my helmet quit working and relegated us from second to tenth. It all worked out in the end when we filed a protest during the allowed time period. It left us in 3rd place for the event and happy, especially for being virgins at this race.

Tom Brunholtz

J.P.

#5 Post by J.P. » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:00 pm

I agree with Tom, based on some of the YouTube footage I watched from years past, and the original weather forecast for last weekend, we ended up with ideal racing conditions. The drive home was another story. :shock:
I will correct Tom on one thing, I'm actually 48 :wink: :oops:

I've never participated in a 3 man team event before, it definitely tests your intestinal fortitude. Coming in after my first set of laps only to see the count down clock with 7 plus hours still on it is mentally challenging to say the least. It helped having two good team mates (Tom & Chris). We all kept each others spirits up right to the very end.

The course took its toll on racers and their machines as the day went on. There were more and more flat tires being repaired, missing plastic and some injuries. Our team didn't get a single flat tire nor did we have any mechanical issues during the 22 laps. I'm still not sure how we pulled that one off. :?:

My hat goes off to those Ironmen and women at this event, they're truly a special breed.

Also, a special thanks to my son Matt (#88) who drove down from college and surprised me with a visit to cheer us on and help in the pits. :D

Look forward to seeing everyone at MoPo!
J.P. Fay
2011 KTM 350 XC-F

#73 - 2016 - 2017 (Transferred to CORCS)
#785 - 2015
#1050 - 2014
#787 - 2013
#785 - 2012, 2011

Thanks to my sponsors:
Atlas Brace, Acerbis, OGIO, Dragon Alliance, Dunlop Tires, Torch1 Racing, Braking and Decal Works.