2017 season points are different now!!!!

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

2017 season points are different now!!!!

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:25 pm

Still working out all the details on the scoring end of it but we are going to try something new this year. There will be a one time $10 fee for anyone planning to accumulate yearend points. This will allow much better awards next season and possibly some changes to the banquet and such. This fee will be collected at sign up.

All of this will then allow the scoring system to only give yearend points to season riders. On a given day you may get third place at a race and on that day you will get an award for third. If the two riders ahead of you are not season points riders then you will see first place points in your yearly points standings.

I am still learning this aspect of the system but that is basically how it will work. I can foresee some extra work that will be generated with this but I think it will be a better way to do the points. If this doesn't work out this year we can always go back to the old way.

At this point, you really need to get your season points fee paid at the first race you attend so you don't lose any points. The points start at the first race you pay the fee and forward from there. If you pay at the third race then the first two will not be included in your yearly standings. It will be up to each rider to let the scoring person know they want to sign up. It will not be possible for scoring to ask every rider at every event. We do intend to have a sign up at scoring for a reminder.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Ed M

Re: 2017 season points

#2 Post by Ed M » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:47 pm

Any chance a paypal account could be set up for this before the season starts, and charge $11.00 instead of $10.00 to offset any additional paypal associated fees? This might help alleviate a potential bottleneck at the sign-up trailer for the first couple of races.
Ed M

DETERMINATION: The feeling you get right before you try do something incredibly stupid

2013 KTM 350XCFW
#1086 for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015......
#786 for 2011
#786 for 2010
#906 for 2009
#1006 for 2008

f-five

Re: 2017 season points

#3 Post by f-five » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:49 am

I like the idea. This series is still a great bargain. I've spent my money at just about every race series in the midwest and its hard to beat whats setting right here in our back yard.

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: 2017 season points are different now!!!!

#4 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:50 am

Well we now have one race completed and riders can now see how this new yearend points works. I think this may be a much better way to keep points toward year end and it should enable those riders to more accurately race each other toward year end awards. It does take away those "bonus" points you got when someone got between you in the results. I suspect yearend points will actually be much closer this year all the way down the class. I also think work averages will be even more important this year.

I am always open to ideas or feedback.

By the way, lots and lots of people are saying they have never heard of this. Is there a better way I can get this out? I personally think that the website for the series and a post with this title (slightly changed today) is all the notification any rider would need.

Ed, you idea about Paypal may just be the way we do it next year if we keep it. One idea I have tied to that is people who want to reserve numbers must be season points riders and pay the fee right when they request their numbers. All non points riders would just be able to get their numbers at the race. I don't like this idea for the reason it would keep folks from having their graphics all set on race day. I also kind of think this would force riders into paying the fee or even result in more non points people just getting points they don't care about at the few races they attend. This could result in points looking a lot like the old way. Certainly a lot of time to think this all through.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

motoracr199

#5 Post by motoracr199 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:10 pm

I didn't know about the new points system until the banquet. This is a good idea. I don't generally read every message until I gorge all at once. I do think it will be better for those doing the full series.

I find myself sticking with Facebook and not checking the site as often as I should. More emphasis has been seen pointing us to the site for more info so that's good. It will just take time for everyone to become aware of the new points format. It also doesn't help if they come to the second race and miss the rider's meeting on race day.

This will even out a few weeks from now.
David Stewart
Thanks to Dunlop, AXO, Dragon, and Fly Racing

orangecrush

#6 Post by orangecrush » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:44 am

Dan,

I give you all thumbs up on paying in advance to collect points & to reserve your number.

Here's an idea. Colored back grounds on number plates only if you're chasing points. Different color for each class.

I'm getting old and it's hard to read numbers.
Eric Schneider
01' KTM 400SX
#1046(2017) Vet 40
#746 (2016) C Vet
#1046 (2015) Vet 40
#616 (2006-2007) C
#416 (2003-2005) C Adv.
#x11 (2002) trailrider

orangecrush

#7 Post by orangecrush » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:32 pm

Dan, if I don't want to race for points. May I race in the Vet 40's just for the heck of it? Last year I raced in the 700's.
Eric Schneider
01' KTM 400SX
#1046(2017) Vet 40
#746 (2016) C Vet
#1046 (2015) Vet 40
#616 (2006-2007) C
#416 (2003-2005) C Adv.
#x11 (2002) trailrider