Milford Lake workers needed

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Milford Lake workers needed

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:36 am

How about getting in a work average and helping me out. Or just helping me out just because!

On race day I like to have between six and ten people. It is two races so you can work both for your race day 1st place points average or you can ride one and help take things down after the race for your average points work average. More details on work averages are on the information page under FMHSC rulebook. Post here or email ktms@fmhsc.com

Positions I need to fill are:
Gate
1. Tim Wolfe
2. Mark Shafer
3. Joe Mason
Greeter (helps new folks at sign up)
1. Trinedy Barker
Scoring lane help
1. Trinedy Barker
2. David Campbell (race 2)
Sweep and tear down after the race (two will also help sweep peewees)
1. Steve Grun
2. Ryan Grun
3. Mike Brown (race 2)
4. Doug Hunziker
5. Kenny Howat
6. Daron Hightower
7. Joe Mason (race 2)
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: Milford Lake workers needed

#2 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:39 am

A couple of people have contacted me in the last month. Please post here or contact me to remind me so I can get you on the list.

This is a good chance to get in some ride time if you have any buddies that don't want to race but would be willing to help out. All races are hard to get enough help and the first one of the season is likely the hardest.

I always need more people on the gate to speed things up. If anyone wants to help even for just an hour or two that would be great.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

WireFryer

#3 Post by WireFryer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Yo Dan, put Kevin Marshall and myself down for Saturday set-up all day.
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#4 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:05 am

Okay, I am all the way up to one race day worker. Should I start to worry now or wait until next Friday?

Tim, I will happily punish you and Kevin all day Saturday! Last year you guys took off close to ten minutes for lunch so lets try and eat on the go this year. Also I felt like you guys both started to slow down quite a bit after about the tenth hour. I really need you to work the full day this time. Remember what I have told you countless times, "if it aint dark, you aint done"!!
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC

It's all good!

WireFryer

#5 Post by WireFryer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Dan, Dan, Dan... the fact you saddled us with a high-energy young Blue Heeler named Rex absolutely killed us on productivity!

His constant demands of sticks to chase alone wiped out my throwing arm that could have been used to staple arrows, not to mention the repeated "Fending off the attack Turkeys and Deer" distractions when he wasn't seeing how far he could drag a chainsaw into the nearest patch of poison oak!

Bad Dog! :mrgreen:
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

kmarshall9

#6 Post by kmarshall9 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:53 pm

That’s where my chainsaw went. I’ve been looking everywhere for it!
Kevin Marshall
2014 300 XC

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#7 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:23 am

I am gaining a little bit but I still need more to make this happen.

I said this in the first post but this is a great chance for someone who doesn't want to race to get some ride time in while riding sweep.

If someone in the second race wanted to come early and help at the gate, that would be an option also. I really don't like the line on the road to back up.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC

It's all good!

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#8 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Happily adding a few each day!!
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC

It's all good!

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#9 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am

I think I have everything covered at a minimum. It would be nice to have one more gate person so I can reduce the amount of time people have to be out there. This could be a spouse or maybe a second race rider or just someone who wants to talk to lots of people!
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC

It's all good!

Gage w

#10 Post by Gage w » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:19 am

Hey Dan do you need any help setting up on Saturday?