2012 FLY RACING Contingency for FMHSC Racers!!!

General Bike Talk
PK

2012 FLY RACING Contingency for FMHSC Racers!!!

#1 Post by PK » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Good news! FMHSC is excited to announce that for the 2012 racing season FLY RACING will be providing contingency. More info to come soon….
Perry Keegan

2008 Race of the Year Drexel MO
2010 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2011 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2014 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2017 Race of the Year Heartland Motorsports Park

PK

Re: 2012 FLY RACING Contingency for FMHSC Racers!!!

#2 Post by PK » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Those of you that would like to take advantage of the 2012 FLY Contingency please contact me at pmk380@sbcglobal.net for the registration form and rules.

Thank you!
Perry Keegan

PK

#3 Post by PK » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Don't worry, you are not alone.

There seems to be a little confusion on the contingency thingy. Contingency is a funny word and has a "what if" definition. I have always thought it was an odd name for the industry to give to these type of programs. It is almost sort of like being sponsored. If you win your class in all 15 races you could end up with $375.00 (fly) bucks!!!!

As soon as Husky info is available I will pass it along.

2012 FLY RACING / FMHSC RACING SERIES CONTINGENCY PROGRAM

It pays to FLY in FLY RACING Gear! FLY Racing is proud to support the FMHSC Series for 2012. Fly Racing supports local racing through the FLY Racer Contingency Program and your local motorcycle dealer! Check out the great benefits available for registered racers.

1. Rider must purchase (1) complete set of pants, jersey, and glove from the 2012 FLY Racing Line . 2012 FLY Racing Line consists of : Evolution Gear, Kinetic Gear, Patrol Gear, and F-16 Gear in either Adult or Youth sizes. Purchases are to be from any FLY retailer. Must provide original purchased receipt.

2. Rider completes the Contingency Registration Form in full, along with your original receipt to FLY Racing/FMHSC Series Contingency Program, attention Britni Burg at 601 E. Gowen Rd., Boise, ID 83716. Form and receipt can also be emailed to bburg@wps-inc.com or faxed in to 1-800-347-3589 (your selling dealer can do this for you). Registration Forms must be filled out completely and legible. Be sure to indicate which class you are participating in. Incomplete or unreadable Registration Forms will be returned and not processed. Upon receiving a returned Registration Form it is up to the rider to fill out a new form and resend it in. If you supply an E-MAIL ADDRESS, you will receive a confirmation email when FLY Racing has received your com¬pleted registration form.

3. Riders that are competing in multiple classes must notate on Registration Form. Riders will ONLY be paid for registered classes. Must purchase a set of gear for every 2 registered classes. For example: riding in 3 classes in a series that rider must purchase two sets of gear. <NOT APPLICABLE to Hare Scrambles>

4. ONLY after completed Registration Forms are received in the FLY office will a participant be eligible for the contingency program. FLY receiving date will be your official start date.

What you get

1. The FLY Racing/FMHSC Series Contingency Program will pay points to registered riders finishing 1st thru 10th place for each event in all classes in the 2012 series. Points schedule is as follows:

1st = 25pts 2nd = 22 pts 3rd = 20pts 4th = 18pts 5th = 16pts

6th = 10pts 7th = 7pts 8th = 4pts 9th = 3pts 10th = 1pts

Points earned will be tallied at the end of the series and converted to "Race Bucks” at the rate of $1 (retail) per point. A minimum number of riders must enter a class in order for points to be awarded thru 10th place. Points will be paid for up to 75% of each class. In other words if 7 riders sign up for a class the points will be awarded for 1st thru 5th place. If 14 riders sign up for a class then points will be awarded for all 10 places.

2. All riders must meet series attendance requirements to be eligible for points or NO LESS than 50% (8 FMHSC races) of the series scheduled event to be eligible for points. Riders on free product support contracts or discounted sponsorship will not be eligible unless they follow all the guidelines for a non-sponsored rider.

3. Contingency certificates, “FLY Bucks”, will be mailed to riders and must be redeemed in person to any Western Power Sports Dealer or directly through FLY Racing if there is no stocking dealer in the area. “FLY Bucks” are ONLY valid towards FLY product purchases. Payout is subject to promoter limitations or restrictions. “FLY Bucks” are based on manufactures retail price (msrp).
Perry Keegan

shredder

#4 Post by shredder » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Thanks PK. Some of the guys were talking off and on about this. I kept getting bit and pieces and I am quite clear that it was making no sense at all, taking in all that I was hearing. I'm going to read it again but I think I'm getting it now. Thanks :wink:

Another dumb question - Can I just run down to Donnells and purchase a set of gear and sign up there? Then Hit the beloved FMHSC series, do over 50% of the races minimum and tally up the points earned at the end of the year, get them converted to "Fly bucks" and get more Fly stuff minus my "earned credit" off of the msrp price?

The contingency is 75 percent of the signed up riders in a given class. What if I'm the only one who signs up in my seniors class?
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

rmgsxr

#5 Post by rmgsxr » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:20 am

Dennis we don't have any of the forms here yet. I'm not sure that they are ready.

One of the side effects of the poor economy has been cut backs on staff. Some of the people that are taking care of programs like this also are doing other jobs. Budgets are also looked at very close and things are being changed at the last minute.

One thing for sure, you get a set of gear and keep your receipt, you will get your Fly bucks. Come on by and check out what we have in stock and hopefully Tim or Mike can get you fixed up.

PK

#6 Post by PK » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:50 pm

shredder wrote: Another dumb question - Can I just run down to Donnells and purchase a set of gear and sign up there? Then Hit the beloved FMHSC series, do over 50% of the races minimum and tally up the points earned at the end of the year, get them converted to "Fly bucks" and get more Fly stuff minus my "earned credit" off of the msrp price? **YES**

The contingency is 75 percent of the signed up riders in a given class. What if I'm the only one who signs up in my seniors class?
**Must be at least two in class in order to provide 1st place points (2 x.75=1.5).**
Perry Keegan

shredder

#7 Post by shredder » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:27 pm

OOOHH TIIIIMMMMM!!!! :wink:

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

WireFryer

#8 Post by WireFryer » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Don't worry, Sunshine... I believe we'll have enough company in Senior Vet to keep your contigency requirements valid.

Whoop!

Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

PK

#9 Post by PK » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Heck if this doesn’t justify buying new gear what does?

If you were contemplating it anyway, might as well buy FLY and maybe get something back at the end of the year. I would like nothing more than to be able to send FLY a picture of the whole 700 row, +45 row or any row full of FLY gear to the rep. so we could get more give-aways at the 2012 Awards Banquet!!!
Perry Keegan

shredder

#10 Post by shredder » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm

BRRRAAAAAAAAAP! :wink: