Bolivar report

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Bolivar report

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 am

Looks like a high quality weekend for racin motorcycles.
Got the course trimmed in & ready to go. Plenty of Steve's, a couple of free for all
Sections, a pretty awesome corner track " great dirt " , cool grass track & plenty of
Trail, from wiggle to fast & flowy.
Got a great pee wee course on this property so bring the little guys to. Pee were race
At 9 am.
This joint sheds water like a duck, this will be great race so be there.
See ya at the races, Spud
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

cbn250xc

Re: Bolivar report

#2 Post by cbn250xc » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:44 pm

So I'm assuming that we will still have to cross that really deep creek crossing. That was like some stage 3 rapids last year. I thought I was going to get swept away last year. Four strokes beware!

colemanian

#3 Post by colemanian » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:36 pm

It won't be that bad, the water levels will fall a ton by Sunday. The problem for me is the mud but it may not be so bad. Keep in mind, we are going backwards from last year so that rock hill at the last half mile won't be a problem. From a hbgp rider. Thanks

Superfast

#4 Post by Superfast » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:00 pm

They going to allow camping the night before, like they did last year?
Scott

2014 - #71
2013 - #72
2012 - #86 - #786
2011 - #825
2010 - #9198

MGN

#5 Post by MGN » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 am

cbn250xc wrote:So I'm assuming that we will still have to cross that really deep creek crossing. That was like some stage 3 rapids last year. I thought I was going to get swept away last year. Four strokes beware!
Come on....lets ride! They are dirt bikes. :? :lol:

Should be an awesome day for riding. Sunny and 70's all weekend....whoooo hooooo!

slomojo

#6 Post by slomojo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:05 pm

For anyone chasing points this year Bolivar is a must.A lot of riders are likely to skip this one because of the rocks and mud,and you stand to finish higher than other events.I finished 7th in Cvet last year and was last with only one lap. At one point I was laying on my back in a steam with my bike on my chest.Luckily It was a shallow stream!I would have had more fun if I could have stopped myself from cussing!

Here's the kicker I'm thinking about doing it again. :shock:

I've heard it said that insanity is repeating the same actions expecting different results. :twisted:

Its been a long time since Collins and I need my fix,and my practice loop is under 20 feet of water.
Joe Lederhouse
I said I love it,I didn't say I was good at it.
08 #962
09 #962
10 #762
11 #762
12 #74
13 #1062
14 #1003

shredder

#7 Post by shredder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Yes Joe you should absolutely go... I mean with you on your back in the creek with your bike on your chest it would make an excellent passing lane - ya know?

Seriously - what is the camping deal Dan? :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

shredder

#8 Post by shredder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Wirefryer, I see your on here too...any news about camping or parking on solid ground? Come on ol wise one...give us something here... :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

WireFryer

#9 Post by WireFryer » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:15 pm

Yo Dennis, I have yet to enjoy the hospitality that Bolivar has to offer... so I can't confirm on the camping situation one way or the other.

But hell, all you need is a truck stop parking lot and a cold can of spaghetti right? :mrgreen: .(cough,cough!)

Due to the state of the local economy, Kevin and myself will not be attending though we both wanted to race 'Chadwick North'... oh yeah!

Doesn't matter anyway, I'm changing the walker over to WP suspension so the legs are in Colorado right now getting swapped out... and YES, I'm going linkage free, get used to it!

Stay safe, Everybody!

Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#10 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Camping is fine
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!