Trailer Tires have been provided by Midas in Lawrence.

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Trailer Tires have been provided by Midas in Lawrence.

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm

So I put out the word that I needed tires and Midas in Lawrence, KS stepped up and provided FMHSC with tires. Terry is the owner and has raced in the past and offered to help out. The best I can do to help say thank you is ask that you at least give them a look the next time you need tires, oil change, mechanical work, or anything car related. I confess I thought they just put mufflers and shocks on cars and that was about all.
When you call, mention Forward Motion and you may get a rider discount. Not promising anything but it cant hurt to ask.

Midas Lawrence
2801 South Iowa Street Lawrence, KS66046
785-841-1767

http://2801southiowast.midaskansascity. ... opNum=5569
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

swedishfishmx

Re: Trailer Tires have been provided by Midas in Lawrence.

#2 Post by swedishfishmx » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:57 am

Awesome, thanks Dan! I too thought they really just worked on exhausts and shocks.
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

El Dog

#3 Post by El Dog » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Dan, that its pretty cool of Midas to donate tires. How is it they were donated to FMHSC? I guess I thought you owned the trailer (just assumed I guess). Is there a board that "officially" governs the series? Is that who meets in January, or so? Who watches over the finances of the series? Just curious...only been doing this for a couple of years....total ignorance on my part....
Bummer for Chanute...
El Dog
#1042 ,'10 CRF 250

PK

#4 Post by PK » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:57 am

Terry Sanford is the greatest. Out of everyone I contacted about tires for the FMHSC scoring trailer tires he was the first one to step up and within a couple hours the FMHSC scoring trailer had four new tires! If you have any vehicle issues or just need someone to take a look at your vehicle make sure you keep the LAWRENCE MIDAS in mind. They have helped me out a bunch! Terry has been the general manager for over 20 years! (He is also the father of the famous FMHSC racer Nick “Mohawk” Sanford.)

Almost every Sunday morning you can find Terry riding at Big Springs with his riding buddies Joe King and Dwayne Cox. He doesn’t race FMHSC near as much as he use to but he told me he wants to support the series any way he can any was happy to help.

……If you were to ever get lost on a desert island and you have to be stuck there with another guy, Terry is the one. He can fabricate or repair anything……he even does kitchen remodels too!

THANKS TERRY!
Perry Keegan

2008 Race of the Year Drexel MO
2010 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2011 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2014 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2017 Race of the Year Heartland Motorsports Park