Chanute Sunday schedule

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Chanute Sunday schedule

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:16 pm

We have an EMT in place and will have open riding Sunday starting at 2:00 and lasting until about 7:00. This is kind of an experiment to see if we can offer more fun for the same amount of gas money. MANY feel this gives an unfair advantage but I am not sure I am convinced. We have open practice on race day anyway.

You will need to sign the gate waiver, find your entry card and sign and date that also. There will be a fee of $10 to ride Sunday but only one gate fee of $5 for the weekend. So if you are camping, you are all set. If you are just riding for the day, there is no gate fee for Sunday. Not trying to be greedy but feel it is worth this small amount to have a place to ride that is almost private! Peewees can ride for free. The PW course is set up and is .5 miles long. Kind of hard compared to some but still rideable. There is a cut for PW to return and big bikes to continue on so make sure you take your PW around and show them that turn. Oh, big course is 6.5 miles.

There will be concessions from 5 until 9 on Sunday if you would like to just have supper prepared for you. Hamburgers, hotdogs, sloppy joes, chips and such. Then Monday morning there will be bisquits and gravy starting at 7AM. Since gates dont open until 8, it looks like campers get the holeshot on breakfast. Do your best to take advantage of all of this.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

shredder

Re: Chanute Sunday schedule

#2 Post by shredder » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:43 pm

OK. So your telling me we have camping, pee wees ride for free, dinner on Sunday 5 to 9 (I can eat a lot - but for 4 hours? no way!), Monday morning biscuits and gravy one hour before the gates even open, Sunday ride till my tires fall off, Flipstick's hash browns and eggs...sheesh....and all at one, if not the best track all year (considering that the track was well watered only one week before?)

BTW: My dad heard me crying in my beer about losing my $200.00 tent and new $65.00 cover so he gave me his old heavy duty (same as mine) red, white and blue pop up. Life is good!

Does life get any better than this? :wink:

Maybe I'll get to the podium this year yet!!!

BRAAAAAAAPP!
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

Jason g

#3 Post by Jason g » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Glad the race is rescheduled. Cant wait to hit the trail sounds awesome.
I prayed for an old, wise angel who fly's faster than I ride. 2005 yz 250// 2000 cr 500// 2007 rmz 450// 2008 ktm 300// 2013 ktm 300 xcw.

Wetbread

#4 Post by Wetbread » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:26 pm

:mrgreen: Greg just posted OPEN riding on Sunday $5.00 on Facebook. Please come out and support a great group this weekend. :mrgreen:

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#5 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:50 am

I think he meant $10 for Sunday but no gate fee or camping fee. Just pay the $5 gate fee for Sunday at some point if you do camp. Peewees are free and their course is set up also. Bigger kids can ride a slightly longer loop that I can show you. Wait until about 2:00 to start riding as that is when the EMT will be there. Be sure to sign the back of an entry card and the gate waiver.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!