Why every rider should wear boots! *WARNING BLOOD AND GORE**

Discussions and Info on hurt or recovering riders.
ososlo

Why every rider should wear boots! *WARNING BLOOD AND GORE**

#1 Post by ososlo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Well I made it to the race on Sunday, and after getting all dressed up and checked in it was time to practice. So I hop on my bike and make my way to the entrance. I get there, and head down the track, I notice my tires had to much pressure in them, and I went to go down a little valley at the bottom I was going to stop and let some pressure out. Well about half way down I hit the back brake and slid toward the left. I noticed something brush my left boot, and I thought it would brush off like most other objects. Definitely not the case, I think it was a rock. It grabbed my boot, and pulled it between itself and my peg. Ripping through my boot breaking 3 toes, and leaving a gash from the web of my foot between the 3-4 toe big enough to need 12 sutures. I would definitely suggest that if you don't wear riding boots you purchase them, as if I hadn't been wearing mine the Doc said I would have lost toes. Since the toes are broken and not the foot, I will not need surgery but it sure hurts like I've never felt before. Good luck to everyone racing, and please wear your protective gear! Spending $1k on gear is a lot better than losing body parts/ getting injured worse than what could have been prevented from a unfortunate disaster.

Jake
2015 FC350 #688
Jake

Btrigg88

Re: Why every rider should wear boots! *WARNING BLOOD AND GO

#2 Post by Btrigg88 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:14 pm

I'm glad my iphone only let's me see about half of this web page. I can see the pic of your boots but only just a small part of the river of blood from the second pic. Are you the person who was laid out in the ravine?? I think I saw you up and getting around in the parking lot on some crutches. I hope you heal up fast!
Brian Trigg
KTM 300 xcw
2012-#9131
2013-#979
2014-#840
2015-#88

ososlo

#3 Post by ososlo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Btrigg840 wrote:I'm glad my iphone only let's me see about half of this web page. I can see the pic of your boots but only just a small part of the river of blood from the second pic. Are you the person who was laid out in the ravine?? I think I saw you up and getting around in the parking lot on some crutches. I hope you heal up fast!
Haha yea I have quite a bit of blood left in the boot as a souvenir. What pissed me off the most about the whole thing is I wasn't even down. I hit whatever it was and managed to stay on my bike thinking it wasn't nearly as bad as if felt. I got to the bottom got off my bike and took my boot off to check the damage. I went to the ER in Junction City, and I was back by the time everyone was pulling out of the parking lot. Thanks for the reply, and I found out yesterday I don't need surgery. I just broke 3 toes so the actual foot itself is still all in one piece. How I managed that is beyond me since most of the blow was directed at the center of my foot. Once the laceration heals I should be able to ride again.

Stay safe!

Jake
2015 FC350 #688
Jake

Btrigg88

#4 Post by Btrigg88 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:04 am

I finally got a look at that foot pic. That is nasty. I can't believe that can happens to a foot inside a mx boot. Crazy!
Brian Trigg
KTM 300 xcw
2012-#9131
2013-#979
2014-#840
2015-#88