Riders meeting information!!!

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Riders meeting information!!!

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:41 am

A very long time ago I typed up all the stuff I intend to say at the rider's meeting. I seem to forget the sheet and some of what is on it at every meeting. It occurred to me I should just post it on here again for all to read. I posted it in March 2014 so it is long forgotten most likely. I pinned it at the top this time. I would still suggest attending the rider's meeting to find out the specific things unique to that days race.

Riders Meeting Information

Thank the land owner

Rider's meeting prayer

Start location

Start board 30 seconds and sideways at 15. One row every minute.

Start order

Specific stuff applicable to that race/land.

Slow in scoring

Look for your number on the screen to make sure you read.

Race time is 2 hours on the 1 to 5 race
Race time is 1:55 on the 6 - 12 race (one actual hour for JR and FUN.)
Round clock is near scoring and will usually have the actual time showing. If we start late for some reason, the clock will still be set so that you are looking for full hour to be the race end. Same deal for the shorter 6-12 race. It will always end on the full hour. The race clock will be tweaked to be the right time frame but not necessarily on the minute of real time. First racers look for 1:00 end time and 2nd racers look for 4:00 end time.

Second practice is from 1:00 until 2nd race start. If you ride second practice, do NOT get into the previous racers still on the course.

You cannot check your transponder for the first half of second practice as the computer is still in race mode from the first race.

No rider should be on the course during the opposite race unless you are working.

Every bike must have the correct numbers on it when you arrive at the line. No number or incorrect numbers are unfair to everyone including that rider.

Results cannot even start until the last rider is off the course so usually 30 minutes after the hour then 15 for the actual work so don't even ask about results. When they are done they will be posted. If we are running later than that then we likely are not too happy or having a good day! That will usually be 45 minutes after the hour then there is a 15 minute protest period (this is usually just a scoring error time period). Then trophies will be handed out about 15 minutes after the second race gets underway. This is not a trophy presentation as much as just handing them out to people who want to get going. A rider can just wait for the second trophy time which is about one hour after the final race of the day.

1000 Class starts on the row after 700’s. 1000 riders need to let the 800 guys by if they catch up.

All classes NEED to move over for riders, not in your class, who are catching you. They started one minute or more behind you so when they are touching your wheel, they are one minute ahead of you on time so just move. You don't have to move much. If you cant move right away, give an indication you know they are behind you and they will likely be more patient. Those of you who are in the same class, don’t capitalize on this courtesy. Wait and earn the pass you make. The integrity you are building will reward you much more.

This also applies to being lapped by the leaders but I recommend moving faster!

Editorial comment: If someone in YOUR class is all over you, maybe think about letting them go and following them. You can go much faster following. You will know when this applies and when it doesn't.

If you find yourself catching the class in front of you often or find yourself being caught often, it may indicate you are in the wrong class. This entire speed system works much better if you just ride the correct class.

Don't cheat! If you have to cheat to win, just come see me and I will give you a trophy and send you home so the rest of us can race!
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: Riders meeting information!!!

#2 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:47 am

Sad, I am replying to my own post.

Someone feel free to make this into a nice poster and we can place it near sign up so rider's can read it at every race. New riders are usually pretty good and reading things the first time.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Gibber

#3 Post by Gibber » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:05 pm

Dan,

Send me the FMHSC Logo and I will see what I can do.

BTW, as for the numbers, rules state if not accurate / posted on your bike "YOU DO NOT RACE". Not, it isn't fair.

I'm not sayin' anything, I'm just sayin'. :lol: :shock:
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com
steve@gibbscommercialtrucks.com
785-760-3479 Cell

FlyinRyan

#4 Post by FlyinRyan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:54 am

There is a riders meeting??? Just kidding. I'm going to be at the next one. I have struggled with getting to the line on time and at this last race at Thurman I was bound and determined I was going to make it to the riders meeting.

I got out of the prerace shower at 10:06 and was dressed in gear by 1030 and was walking out the door for the meeting at 10:36 when I see Andrea Bryant walking back to the truck and a bunch of bikes all coming up the hill. I asked what everyone was doing and she said the riders meeting was over.

This seems very odd to me as I know the riders meeting is not supposed to start until 1040. I asked her what time it was and she said it was 1053. Imagine my confusion. After going back into the camper and looking at the clock in the bedroom, it turns out that I have been going by a clock that is 17 minutes slow all season.

Problem solved. See you all at the next riders meeting.
Ryan Salmans, Proud dad of Tayler and Tyler Salmans and grandfather of Kameron Baker
Auburn Kansas
2012 KTM 300 xc-w
2017 743 C Vet Giddy Up, Let's Ride
2016 743 C Vet 4th
2015 1043 Vet 40 5th
2014 743 C Vet 4th
2013 743 C Vet 4th

Thanks to Ground On-Site Storage L.L.C., Ryan's Remodel L.L.C., Cycle Zone, and my dogs Foxy, Jade, and Autumn