Bullet Proof Designs Radiator Guards

General Bike Talk
Gibber

Bullet Proof Designs Radiator Guards

#1 Post by Gibber » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:10 am

Well, I know we all believe in our local company Bullet Proof Designs to provide our bikes with that little bit of added crash protection for vital components but here is just a little bit of proof.

End of the 4th lap leaving scoring got tangled up with an 800 rider I was trying to let pass me but ran out of room. Both of us ended up on the ground with my bike on top of his. As you can see, either his handlebar or foot peg ended up in my radiator. Punctured my guard and pushed my radiator back far enough it bust loose my shroud but no damage to my radiator and no coolant leak. Didn't event know it was damaged while I finished the race. Discovered it when I loaded the bike on the trailer.

Bullet Proof Designs is based out of Lee's Summit and I believe is family owned. I have heard they are a great group of folks. If I wasn't a believer in their products before I sure am now! Now I just hope I can get away with buying just the left side! 8)

BTW. This ain't the only BPD Part on the Rocket Ship!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com
steve@gibbscommercialtrucks.com
785-760-3479 Cell

advbeach

Re: Bullet Proof Designs Radiator Guards

#2 Post by advbeach » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:25 am

You might give them a call, I believe they have a lifetime warranty against damage. They replaced one of mine after a branch went through it.
Silva Beach
2013 Ktm 300 xc-w

dive

#3 Post by dive » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:36 am

Bullet Proof is the best guard on the market hands down.
AN ARMED MAN IS A CITIZEN. AN UNARMED MAN IS A SUBJECT !

Speedysdad

#4 Post by Speedysdad » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:30 pm

They hold up well for Endurocross and the Tennessee Knockout. We also use the Chain guide support and rotor guards. I agree that its better designed than most others on the market
Jim Wright
(Retired)

Gibber

#5 Post by Gibber » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:00 pm

Okay, I followed the "All Wise and Knowing" Silva Beech's advise and called Bullet Proof Designs. What follows is the end result of that phone call.

Ended up on the phone with Nate which I had no idea he was the owner. Told him who I was and what had happened. Also explained I was not the original purchaser. Besides resolving the issue we spent about 45 minutes on the phone talking about dirt biking and where the company Bullet Proof Designs comes from. Pretty cool story.

Well, Silva was right. Even though I was not the original owner, (I'm not sure if my post and the fact my bike was Jayden Johnson's bike before it was mine had anything to do with it), Nate agreed to replace my guard for free. Hang up was they didn't have the Generation 1 (they old ones like mine) with the KTM logo like I had. So Nate agreed to upgrade me to the new Generation 3 full set for $75.00! :shock:

Well, being the savoy guy I am and the love I have for the Rocket Ship I obviously took him up on his offer. And since he did not ask for my old set back I have a perfectly good, orange, right side, generation 1 guard that fits a 2009 250 XC-W. If you can use it I will be happy to pay it forward and pass it on. I also have a slightly trashed left side for what that is worth! :lol:

All I can say is these guys are stand up and we all should be using their products. I have both rotor guards, swing arm/ chain guide guard and radiator guards on my bike. 8)

Thanks Bullet Proof Designs. I appreciate it.
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com
steve@gibbscommercialtrucks.com
785-760-3479 Cell

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#6 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:55 am

Lets not forget to mention they are a series sponsor as well. Perhaps this thread will spur some interest in buying some products from them. At least click on their logo to the left and have a look around. They have a lot of products besides the radiator guards.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!