Thurman Race Report

General Bike Talk
motoracr199

Thurman Race Report

#1 Post by motoracr199 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:52 pm

The race started off with me staying up late to finish up the bike work that I put off until last minute. I am not doing that anymore.

It was good to switch things up with the run to start. I was last into the first turn but the pileup on the second turn allowed me to get into fourth or so for about 10 seconds before I hit a tree and broke my visor off the new helmet. Back in last I knew I had some work to do. Found another pileup with at least 3 of us waiting for it to clear up to get by.

I crashed again and I think I pinched my throttle cable. It was not going back to idle for a while so I pulled over and put it back in it's proper location.

By the end of lap 1 I went over to the area I crashed at, looking for my broken visor. I was going to pick it up as a souvenir. I was told that it broke off so it wasn't worth getting. Just then, dantheman came up and asked me why I wasn't racing. I was already pretty pumped up and was just wanting to leave. For whatever reason that little bit of motivation was all I needed to go out for another 4 laps, while only crashing a few times.

Thanks to the land owner and everyone else who contributed to make this thing happen. Thank you to the scoring ladies too!

Oh yea, and that expert hill was SWEET!
David Stewart
Thanks to Dunlop, AXO, Dragon, and Fly Racing

gcat7

Re: Thurman Race Report

#2 Post by gcat7 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Report from the 1000s'

Great day for racing and land was even better. It's a cool property indeed.

The race literally got off to a running start and the dream of beating Capt'n Hole-shot Weimer into the sticks was just that, a total dream-again. I got a decent run into the trees maybe 4th or so and ran a hard lap. Somehow I passed everyone and had no clue I was in 1st. Then, Cap't Hole-shot flew past me like Jim Jones dishing out out Koolaid in the grass section before scoring- I was laughing my ass off as Shane did everything but drop anchor to make the tree line-but he did. (Younger guys, you might have to google Jim Jones & koolaid to get that one. :-) )) As we crossed scoring we went in 1-2.

Had a spirited lap 2 but did a Flying Walinda in the creek crossing...the one with two deep ass v-outs and all the spectators watching. A few friendly soles helped right he ship and off I went but dropped to 3rd lap 2. Then the breaking bumps were taking their toll...I dropped a liver, spleen and one kidney somewhere on the track. I'm pretty sure it was at that damn creek crossing because I got stuck there again- back to 4th where I finished while waiting for the checker to drop. Devin decided to roll one more lap and the brief thought of catching him to possibly re-secure 4th went unattended. Finished a meager 5th.

Someone graciously returned my liver & kidney. However if you found a spleen somewhere on the track, it's mine. Please bring it to Melvern in a few weeks.

Thanks all again for the fun day.

G
Greg Catanzaro
2019 #55
2018 #574
2017 #740, #574
2016 #1074
2015 #740

jerad741

Re: Thurman Race Report

#3 Post by jerad741 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:12 pm

Thurman promoter . Just want to say thanks to all you for the support to the wresting club at the concession they did well. Also thank for all the kind words that we got for the event and all that showed up to ride . thanks again land owners were happy with it all