Hank's Saturday Plan etc.

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Hank's Saturday Plan etc.

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:14 pm

I can't say for sure we can ride Saturday until I see if I have the course set up and I see how the ground conditions are. I should be able to get the word out by Friday night or Saturday morning though. It may have to be smoke signals as the reception is very poor at that location. You will just have to watch in that general direction and know how to read smoke signals.

If I do allow riding, every person must come up and sign the waiver and pay gate fees when they enter. I will have all of it out at the scoring trailer. Actually this will be the case for all people entering even if I don't do open riding Saturday. The camping is free Saturday night and just in an open field. There is a slight incline pretty much everywhere so you will have to do a bit of leveling.

The track will be about six miles long and has a mix of everything but never really difficult. I had said Heartland was a difficulty 3 at most and Jason's was about a 7 (that turned into a 10 for some!). With that said I would say this one is a 5 or 6 at the very most. Peewees will actually be in the woods for a good portion of the track.

This place has a lot of ticks so be sure you spray down when you get there. I highly suggest Permethrin which is applied only to clothing and works far better than anything I have ever used.

Reminder for all riders that the pits must be a slow riding area. Help me remind those who have forgotten and parents remind your kids.

I still do not have a concession so plan accordingly. If anyone knows someone who might want to set up have them contact me.

I am still a couple short on helpers so if you know someone who doesn't race but may just want some ride time bring them along.

One last thing, I have to let you know the award plaques will say "Taylor Farm" on them. I have a full set left over from 2016 when we couldn't run in Chanute. I know I probably look pretty cheap but I have too much money invested in these not to use them. They will say 2018 on them so it is not as bad as it could be!!

Sunny and 75 on Sunday with perfect soil conditions. If you miss this one you will have to have a written slip explaining why.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: Hank's Saturday Plan etc.

#2 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:11 pm

Hank’s Place is completely done. 6.2 Miles. The rain on Wednesday has the dirt about as perfect as it can be. There will be open riding from 2:00 to 7:00 but I do not have an EMT on site. If anyone coming is an EMT that would make me a lot more comfortable and you can race free Sunday. Everyone must sign the waiver as you enter the gate. I will have it by the gate when you enter. If you are staying then pay the gate fees at that time. Riding fee is $10. Only ride the marked course. No camping fee. Tell your friends.

First riders need to take it easy and follow the arrows. The course needs ridden as there are new areas and old areas that don’t flow too well yet. There are a lot of cow trails and it could be possible to mistake one for the bike trail if you don’t follow the arrows and pay attention to ribbon.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!