Beer East Race Report

General Bike Talk
Weissbeck

Beer East Race Report

#1 Post by Weissbeck » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:06 am

“A fast and flowing track, fun for everyone”. REALLY? REALLY? Then you get there and your like what the heck this is the tightest course in the world. So when Dan said the dirt was premo I thought to myself, “whatever.” Well the course was awesome REALLY PREMO.

Having trouble getting out on the starts so I asked Trent to save me a spot on the line. My plan was to follow a fast guy out. It worked like a champ. I was sitting around 6 place going into the trees. Then suddenly a feeling come over me that I never thought I would have. Yes I felt like Eli Tomac and I’ve just been Musquin’ed. Possibly mistaken for a tuff block? Maybe a large rut to bounce off of? Or used like a diaper? Anyway dropped my bike off at the crime lab for DNA testing think it had blue or white paint flecks imbedded in my beautiful orange. Now let’s start this race in last place.

First lap was good worked my way up to 12th. Was fun, again course was great. Liked all the possible lines you could take through the tough sections. Second lap was good got by a couple more folks.

Third and Fourth laps lots of day dreaming like; I think I’ll try riding with the water nozzle in my mouth, Kevin says he rides the whole race chewing on his. I wonder if cows use these motorcycle trails? There goes a group of 500 riders looks like they are having a blast. Is that pond stocked? And then finally come on Troy you got to push.

Fifth lap feeling good for an old guy ready to push and see if I could pick up a spot. No worries got pushed, from behind that is. All that time spent day dreaming: I should have been thinking, Brent is coming, Brent is coming. Sure enough I look back and see that Six foot tall Blue seat. Well thanks to Brent my last lap was 2 min. faster than the rest. Brent got me on one of those hard easy lines. Great fun. Did manage to get past Kevin on the last mile. We rode together from Wichita, trash talking didn’t start until we were almost home.

Always hard to commit to 7 hours of driving, always glad when I do. Thanks so much to the land owner, FMHSC and Riders.

Troy Weissbeck, 1014

Diamonds

Re: Beer East Race Report

#2 Post by Diamonds » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:59 pm

I tried to help! I got a good jump and got the hole shot. Glad you got a good start! That's about the only good thing I can say about that race. Bike was handling like absolute junk. Hit the first hard line in the wrong gear, fell down, bike got hung up on some rocks, got passed by a bunch of people trying to get unstuck. About half way through the 1st lap I had my mind made up that I was done for the day. Something just wasn't right with the forks. Unfortunately that was the race that I was testing myself to see if I wanted to continue racing. LOL, needless to say, bike and gear for sale.
Trent Glass
2017 Husqvarna TE300