Beer ranch update Friday 9:30 pm

General Bike Talk
flipstick357
Site Admin

Beer ranch update Friday 9:30 pm

#1 Post by flipstick357 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:30 pm

From Dan the man

Beer West II update: the course is complete and there will be open riding tomorrow after noon. Pay the gate fee and sign the waiver as you come in the gate. Everyone must sign in to be able to ride. You must follow the marked course and take it very slow anywhere else on the property. Free camping in the open field.

The course is six miles and is the opposite direction so it has a much different feel to it. Only about 4 or so miles is the same course. New sections and unused sections have been added. About 4 splits of equal length have been added to allow the possibility of passing or make it easier for lapped traffic to move. I think this will be a favorite course for many. Lots of rain since we raced last has the soil in excellent shape. No mud and there should be little dust.

Saturday night temps in the 60’s should make things great for Sunday. I have not decided on total race time but I am leaning toward 90 minutes with usual start times. I don’t want to short you but I don’t want anyone overheated to the point of a medical issue either. The majority of the course is in the shade so don’t miss this one because you think it’s too hot to ride. Start loading and hydrating now.

I still need some sweep riders on Sunday.
""I think the best possible social program is a job."

Ronald Reagan

14 KTM 350XC-F #537