Help Wanted! We are losing 50% of our scoring staff.

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Help Wanted! We are losing 50% of our scoring staff.

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:20 am

Kim Hightower will no longer be doing scoring after this year. (I think it was at the advice of her therapist but lets not go there!) We are now desperately in need of at least one and ideally several people to step up and help out.

For as long as we have been racing, the hardest part is getting someone to do the scoring. We always seem to luck out and have one or two who will step up and do this task but seldom ever have the luxury of having a “spare”.

I find that when I post this same need over and over, eventually someone new just happens to read it and I get a new scorekeeper. So, how about it? Would anyone like to jump in and do this thankless task? It does pay but only slightly better than McDonalds and they give you half price Big Macs!

You just need to know basic computer skills and like to work directly with people. The job has gotten a tiny bit better over the years with the addition of a trailer with windows that now keep out some of the dust. There is heating and cooling in there as well.

And while I am on this track, we need help to do peewee sign up and scoring as well.

If you are interested I can give you a lot more details in person or over the phone. You can also come to the scoring trailer during sign up or a race and get a really good idea of what is involved. The more you know about the series and the classes the easier it is but really it is just basic computer entry and lots of interacting with people.

We will actually be one short this weekend at Carbondale if you want to give it a test drive. Wendy will be there in the primary position so there will really be no pressure.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!